“MANAGEMENT DOESN'T ADDRESS ISSUES OR RETURN PHONE CALLS”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My daughter left her jacket in her room while there on a school field trip. I called every day for 6 days and asked for the Housekeeping Manager, Front Desk Manager and General Manager. I left messages for all of them and they never returned the phone calls. Finally on the 6th day I reached the General Manager. He "checked" with Housekeeping and they said they never saw the jacket. It figures they wouldn't find it. It was a $100 NorthFace jacket. Very disappointed in their actions and reactions!!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Girlie410
Sam M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Madame,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your daughters jacket. At the time of our phone conversation with the houskeeping manager we indicated there was no jacket found.
We understand how important it is to locate your daughters jacket.
Please let us know if we could be of any further assistance.

Sam Malhotra

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed 20+ nights over several weeks. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, water pressure was good, near shopping and restaurants. Breakfast choices were adequate. The hot tub was HOT and relaxing. I received a reduced rate upon asking.

The only complaint was the loss of network TV Station signals a few nights.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Liked the hotel and location however did not enjoy the cold showers i had to take the last two days. And while working in my hotel room doing online training for work there WIFI kicked me off the internet 3 times asking for the wifi code costing me three hours of work.

Room Tip: Stay off upper floors unless you want a cold shower
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2013

Dear Steven K,

Thank you for your feedback. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We are truly sorry for the challenges you experienced regarding the internet service and for any inconvenience you experienced with the shower. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Tried several hotels in Laurel area for business - this is the best so far. Great value for a suite for sure, and the internet actually works (not like the "other" Holiday inn in the area). Had the breakfast once when I was rushed - was edible, but I stayed away from everything except the machine-made fresh pancakes.

Friendly staff, clean rooms, comfy beds, and that's all I was asking for!

Room Tip: Get a suite for sure - lots of room, fridge, microwave, desk and sofa.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2013

This hotel was perfect, it was priced right, and located across the parking lot from the bank I had to work in.
But more than price, location or cleanliness, the staff were excellent. Everyone had a smile and a great attitude. The front desk manager, Kasthelin, set the tone. She was outgoing and friendly, and funny. So much better than the last 2 managers I dealt with, at different hotels, in the DC area.
I'd recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 8, 2013

We had a four day meeting with about 40 associates from my division and needed a hotel that provided a clean and professional working environment for our team. Kelisa (Hotel Director of Sales) managed the entire process for us including setup and teardown. The staff was friendly, attentive, and professional at all times and made my team feel at home from 8:00 day one until the end of the week. We had previously held divisional meetings at other hotels in the area, but we will definately be returning here in for our next meeting in a couple of months.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2013

The stay in the hotel was like an average stay in other ones although its called "suites". Breakfast was good. Although the day after we stayed there for a night, before we checked out and packing our stuffs...I SAW BIG BEDBUGS IVE NEVER SEEN IN MY WHOLE LIFE! I was trying to find something in the bed and there was four bedbugs that i thought it was just dirt from the bed then it started moving so then i realized its a bug! I guess we were so tired from walking around Washington DC the night before that we didnt noticed those insects. I told the receptionist the day before we checked out and surprised that she asked me if i was sure it was bedbugs or bugs that came from molds and old water.......meaning they have more than one kind of insects they have in that hotel!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded February 20, 2013

Dear Quennie G,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. Your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.