WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel
Ranked #4 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
Westfield, New Jersey
“Great Expirience : Wonderful stay : Amazing Breakfast.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

Me, my wife & adult children stayed at newly renovated Holiday Inn Express last week. Rooms are spacious and well furnished with new furniture and carpet. Hallways have great carpet & lighting. Free Wi Fi in rooms. Facility for swimming pool and business center with 2 computers and printer. Staff was freindly.

On top of all these fine things, one of best breakfasts [ complimentary ] we ever had in last few years. They had all continental breakfast + cereals + fresh fruits + automatic pan cake making machine [ never seen anywhere before ]. Brand name restaurants { Olive Garden , Don Pablo etc. in one block }

JB. NJ.

Must stay for travel just prior to Washington DC. Great prices per night for staying there. Real bargain.

Room Tip: all rooms are good. higher floor is always better.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Finnish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2012

We were down visiting with family and the hotel was centrally and conveniently located to everywhere we needed to go. The room was clean and well appointed as was the bathroom, the staff we had contact with were all amazing. It was a great weekend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ellicott City, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

I truly enjoyed my stay at the Holiday Day Inn Express Laurel! The staff was friendly, professional and most importantly my suite was very clean. It was close to several different restaurants, my room had Wi-Fi and all the amenities you could ask for. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Kelisa W, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel, responded to this review, August 20, 2012

Hello Ms Brittney,

Thank you so much for your compliments.It is always a pleasure to take care of all our guests and our team takes great pride to exceed all our guest expectations.
We appreciate your business and look forward to great guests like yourself come back to stay with us.

Sam Malhotra
Bowie, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

This a great hotel with a very professional staff. The locaion is centrally located off route 1 in Laurel Maryland. The rooms are clean and well maintained daliy. There is also a lot of great dining with in 5 miles of the property. The has very large meeting rooms to conduct business meeting on a daily basis.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Wilmington, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

During our 5,000 mile road trip, this Holiday Inn Express was one of our favorites. The rooms had a nice decor and were very clean. The cooling system, Wi-Fi, refrigerator, microwave, etc all worked great. In addition, the location was really great for us. There are several decent restaurants within walking distance. Nice grounds. In addition, the hotel is located adjacent to Granville Gude Park which consists of a small lake (large pond) with a 1 mile walking/jogging path that circles the water. There are plenty of wild/tame ducks and a small playground for youngsters to burn off some excess energy. The check-in/check-out process was friendly and efficient. The free hot breakfast was excellent. Enjoyable stay!

Room Tip: The higher level floors are very quiet
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Stafford, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

Adam was the only person I found to be responsive and not patronizing or ineffectual. I had to, and I have pictures, stuff my door jams with towels, stack my couch cussions and hang a blanket over the door, WHILE taking sleeping pills and keeping a pillow over my head with my iPod on to cut the noise level to a point that I could sleep for a couple hour period at a time until another door slammed. I AM NOT exaggerating Ms. White!! This establishment has no idea what it means to be a Holiday Inn Express or part of IHG. I only write reviews for exceptional and horrific service and this was truely horrific. I'm used to HIE putting noisy groups in one location bordered by their chaperones. I called no less than 8 times due to a youth group that ran wild from 9pm to 4am EVERY DAY 5 Aug to 8 Aug and NOT one time were my requests effective to stop their running in the hallways and shutting doors in specifically rooms 214 and 216. I have video time stamped around 9 pm ans 2am the same night. When I called the front desk they gave me the usual response, "I'll call their chaperone" not once did I see an adult show up nor did the activity cease. Final straw: on checkout day my paper (that only came two days, was slung against my door and my receipt WITH NAME ADDEESS AND PRIORITY CLUB NUMBER was laying IN the HALLWAY a foot from my door for anyone to get my personal information. Overall, your establishment is a disgrace to the Holiday Inn Express name and I will never stay there and will push for my company to find another location for all there employees that will be working in the area.

• Stayed August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank R_C_F_T
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Laurel, responded to this review, September 4, 2012
Dear R_C_F_T,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments online. I am delighted that Adam was attentive to your concerns during your stay with us. I am sorry about the noise caused by other guests as well as the shortcomings of our staff. We try our best to ensure all guests have a great stay and undisturbed sleep. Please accept our sincere apologies for not being able to deliver an exemplary performance in this context. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and we work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. Thank you again for your comments. Rest assured that these issues will be looked into.

Lera M
Case Manager
IHGCare
Washington, District of Columbia, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012

I was pleased with the cleanliness and decor of this hotel. The room air conditioner was able to keep the room comfortably cool during the heat of August in Washington, DC area. Breakfast had plenty of choices and was kept well stocked at all times. I even enjoyed an after dinner cup of coffee both nights. :) I was looking forward to using the hot tub after a full day of exercising with Body & Soul Fitness instructors, but it was not in working order. The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business