Sleep Inn & Suites
Doubletree.com
$92
HIExpress.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $103/night.

$118
$119
Homewood
$69
$66
All reviewswafflesroom was cleannext morningstaff was friendlyparking lotwireless internetvisiting familynice poolper nightthe breakfast areadefinitely stay here againwhistlemdmicrowaveiron
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I've stayed at this Sleep Inn several times over the last year. As Sleep Inns go, this one has been one of the better ones I have stayed at. It's always been clean and comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful. Never had any problems or issues during a stay.

The hotel has an indoor swimming pool which is nice during the winter months. The distance to restaurants is acceptable with many different eateries in a two mile drive.

The only (somewhat) negative would be the Internet speed, but that is usually slow at most hotels during the evening.

Note: The rating on Location is based on being centralized to a few projects I have going in this area. Your actual results may vary.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed here Oct 5th~7th. Hotel was very clean from the minute we got out of our vehicle. One person in front of me checking in, she did her reservation through hotel.com & they did not have it so it took a little bit. Once we checked in, we went to our room (non smoking) but the minute you opened the door heavy smoke smell hit you in the face. I went downstairs to let them know & they immediately apologized & upgraded our room to king. This room was really nice & long walk to the bathroom (LOL). It had a sofabed, a table with two chairs, coffee table, nice size closet to hang clothes in, dresser & desk table with chair. Everything seemed clean, had star sparkles on floor & tub? Not sure if it hadn't been cleaned all the way. I always clean with clorox wipes anyhow so not a biggie. Bed comfy, small pillows (I think all hotels are going this way), tv was older model but worked very well.

The morning breakfast was very good. Only complaint I wish they had cranberry juice. There were two orange & two apple juice in the juice dispenser. You had plenty to choose from to eat, cereal, oatmeal, fruit, make your own waffle, yogurt, sausage patties, bagels, pasteries, doughnuts & more. Everything that was to be hot was hot, cold was cold. For some odd reason the make your own waffles tasted a lot better then most hotels. Very clean in the area also, the lady was friendly & made sure it was kept stocked & clean.

I will list the things that were aggravating:

Across from the hotel is another hotel that has "ladies of the night" & an adult store & "massage" parlor across the road. Just a warning if you don't want your kids to see. It was not rowdy though.

There are trains that run throughout the day & night. Sometimes you hear them sometimes you don't depends on how loud they want to be with the whistle. Really didn't bother us & we were on the first floor side closest to the train.

Walls are thin, we could hear our neighbor going potty if we were in our bathroom. Not a big deal.

I was not told about a charge per night for the safe. It's only 99 cents a night but still. We nevered used the safe. When I checked out I mentioned it & it was returned to me.

They had booked a party in the meeting room. We arrived at our hotel Saturday night to very loud music. The lady told us they would be done by 10 pm. A little aggravating because you could hear it in our room but not a big deal. I would say they were gone by 9:30 pm.

Not many places to eat.

The biggest complaint that the hotel could not help was kids who were unsupervised. There seemed to be a group with kids who participated in sports. Te parents did not supervise their kids whatsoever. The kids ran up & down the hallways, banged & slammed stuff, hogged the computer & were totally out of control. When they were in the pool forget about going in because you were drenched with water before even putting your towel down & were pushed. There was only one adult in the pool area for many kids & that adult was not saying a word to the kids who were out of control. I did ask the lady at the front desk if there was adult time in the pool, she did apologize & told me we could come back at 9 to swim until 10. The pool closed at 9 but I would be able to get in after. When we went in everythingwas drenched with a lot of water missing but it was nice to swim without kids jumping everywhere. Please don't take me wrong, kids are kids, but adults need to supervise their kids & kids do not need to be this out of control. Many hotel guests were unhappy with the uncontrollable, rowdy, unsupervised kids.

Overall I would stay at this hotel again if in the area. I was pleased with how clean everything appeared & how the staff wanted you to be happy. I would suggest this hotel to anyone traveling in the area.

Room Tip: Some rooms are smoking rooms. The higher up the ventillation system could take the smell in your room. Room with king had a sofabed & very big.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank BranRan
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We had a decent experience with this hotel. Stayed one night on our trip north and will stay two nights on the trip home. They were very accommodating but since we are seniors and not so stable on our feet, we have always requested the walk in shower in the accessible bathroom. It did not have a shower curtain and their response was that since it was built for wheel chairs, it did not need a shower curtain! Hopefully, they will realize the need for having a curtain there (wet floor, slip and fall, possible lawsuit) by the time we return.

There is a train that comes by on a regular basis and from about 5AM to 7AM or so, you hear a lot of train whistles. The breakfast area is clean, the staff is great and all in all, it was a good experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I stayed here from new jersey for a near by business meeting.
Very clean room and hotel
The breakfast area was clean and the food was great.
Hotel staff was very nice also. If i was in the area i would stay hear aagain.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2012

I travel on business and have stayed here approximately 20 times. The last time I stayed here in May of 2012 I stayed 2 nights and was told upon checkin their internet was down but would be up shortly. It did not become available that night. I went to work the next day and when I returned that pm I asked if internet was working and was assured it would be available shortly. Guess what? You got it it never came up. My job requires I respond to e-mails etc. I was credited $10.00 per night so I was somewhat satisfied, things happen. I checked in on 8/14 and when I got to my room after working all day Internet was not working. I called the desk 4 times, no answer. I went down to desk and Lady tells me she was glad she didn't need internet on her job and there was nothing she could do. Wow! I have never written a bad review because I realize things do happen but this property needs to be reprimended for their pitiful customer service. Maybe they did me a favor since the motel I'm staying in tonight seems to appreciate my business and the internet works.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business