“Large rooms, lots of kids”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
Reviewed October 15, 2011

I stayed here one night while passing through. The room was extremely large, with lots of floor space. Mostly clean, with appliances, though it was somewhat stuffy. There was an odd smell in the room like someone had gone overboard with the air freshener. Other than that things were fine. There is an indoor pool, and I saw many families with children. Breakfast was good, with many kinds of bread, a wafflemaker, and juice.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank GamerGirl-STL

Reviewed September 29, 2011

I do not have a complaint about staying here.

I got what I paid for and I was very pleased with everything including the staff, except the room. Time for the old bedspreads to go. Clean the carpets.

But otherwise you will find this hotel a solid place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank Steve C
Reviewed July 18, 2011

This hotel was in an ideal location as I was there for a wedding in College Park, the first night was fine, but it was when we woke up the next morning we noticed ants in our bed. My wife had a couple of ant bites on her shoulder. We took of all the sheets and informed the guy at the front desk, hoping they would change the sheets. But when we returned later that day from the wedding, my wife noticed there were more ants in the bed when we woke up from our nap. I went to the front desk to see if there was a housekeeper on staff that could at least change our sheets because there were still ants, fortunately the woman at the front desk was more understanding and bumped us up to a suite. She informed me that there were ants in their meeting room which was close to our room.

Their fitness room was basic, they could at least add a couple of free weights. I also did not like that they added a $2 charge when I checked out because there was a safe in the room, a safe I didn't use, that made no sense to me.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank DuracellTampa
Reviewed June 24, 2011

Our room was large, had a refrigerator and microwave. A/C was very quiet. Our room overlooked woods. The t.v. had a somewhat washed-out picture and the remote had no number keypad, but for as little as we watched it was satisfactory. Breakfast was standard Choice Hotel fare which is always decent. The hotel has a fair sized pool and it has an exercise room. Staff was pleasant.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SouthJerseyEatwell
Reviewed June 14, 2011

my husband and i stayed at the sleep inn in laurel maryland for 3 nights. he was on a business trip and i went along to get some r&r. the place is clean, the front desk people are very anxious to please and a malfunctioning sink was fixed immediately.

i was looking forward to the pool and exercise room. pool was "temporarily" closed for the past 5 months. a clerk told us that the pool was ok but the management did not want to keep it heated so they put up the temporarily closed sign. the treadmill was out of order when we got there and after a trip to the front desk they had someone come in to fix it. unfortunately we were leaving the day they fixed it.

the computer in the lobby had a permanent out of order sign and we were told that it would not be fixed during our stay. a clerk told us that they have not had it working in a long time. it seems that this place uses the pool, gym room and lobby computer for their ads but when you get there they are OUT OF ORDER.

we were put in the room next to ice and soda machines which were super noisy at night and the soda machine was, you guessed it, out of order the whole time we were there. a complaint to the front desk resulted in an offer to move us which we appreciated. tub was slippery and unsafe.

about the free breakfast: donuts, danish, waffles, sugared cereals, bagels, english muffins. no lo fat yogurt or juices. they did have apples and bananas. there was a woman (hotel employee) in the breakfast room that hovered over people watching everything you did. one morning i made a waffle and she came over and opened the waffle iron to look at it. i asked her not to touch my food and she did move away but it was eerie to have her at your back constantly.

another annoying thing: there were huge construction vehicles in the parking lot every night which took up a lot of space. i will not return there.

Room Tip: stay away from rooms by ice and soda machines
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank LoveToTravel061203
Reviewed March 7, 2011

We needed a place to stay near I-95. This hotel was clean and safe (even though other nearbv hotes looked questionable).

Very good customer service. 24 hr coffee. Breakfast in the AM.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank VBCinNYC
Reviewed October 12, 2010

The Hotel is a little hard to get to, It's on a one way street and not very visable when driving past which is surprising seeing that it sits all most on the roadway.
But once in the staff was friendly, except the second night the night girl didn't know how the phone system worked and insisted a room phone was turned off when it was not so not knowing our friends room number we could not contact them until the next morning, The Free Breakfast was great plenty of food and the staff would replenish anything that was low or out. The coffee was the best i had in a long while at hotels, the waffel batter was nice and thick and made a great waffel, the fruit drinks were good. OUr room was a king with a couch (had a fold out) ,coffee table, fridge,microwave and a TV. The bed was comfy and the pillow were a bit to soft for my liking so I used 3 out of the and was fine. The Bathroom was very clean and they had enough towels as I was able to take two showers the first night and still have towels for the morning. the pool was good and heated at a nice temp. The workout room did the trick NOT top quality as found in our corp. gym but still good equipment. The Soda machine didn't work so I didn't consume empty calaries that night.
Management should be proud of their hard work and staff. Only thing missing is a bar. and we never heard any other noise then what we were making. very comfortable

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business