“great hotel!!”
Review of Sleep Inn & Suites

Sleep Inn & Suites
Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
Reviewed November 13, 2007

I stayed at the Sleep Inn & Suites last week and i really enjoyed my stay. The rooms are clean, big and very comfortable. I love that they have a microwave and refrigerator. My kids had a lot of fun in the pool and breakfast was also good. Overall I had a wonderful stay and I will always come back to this hotel

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank soccermom88

Reviewed October 18, 2007

Was expecting a great place based on prior reviews but was disappointed. Directions from Baltimore airport, provided on hotel webpage, were inaccurate. Hotel is very difficult to find because after taking the appropriate exit off I- 195, you are forced onto US1 south.

The hotel is just off US1 north - but there is a "wall" of trees, buildings - such that from US1 South, you cannot see US1 north and therefore, cannot see the hotel. I drove into Laurel and asked several people for directions to the hotel and invariably the response was: "I've had lots of people asking the same thing but I have no idea where the place is!" I ended up driving a LONG way in the wrong direction, made a u turn, and began retracing my steps. Retracing put me onto US 1 North. I stumbled onto the hotel by luck.

Other gripes: there is a PC for internet use in the lobby. Unfortunately, it was not configured properly so that I could not log on. Room 214 was clean but as soon as I flushed the toilet, the handle broke. Moved to another room on the third floor and wanted to shower. The shower door handle fell off. Next morning, went down for coffee. No coffee cups. Wanted to move to another hotel but couldn't find a decent place on short notice; decided to stick it out a second night.

Front desk staff was sympathetic, apologetic but I got the feeling that management was "missing in action". There appeared to be other newly built chain hotels in the area. I would probably try them before the Sleep Inn.

In my prior travels, I have had better luck with the Hampton Inns. The one in Laurel was sold out when I was traveling and hence my foray into the Sleep Inn.

My two cents. Good Luck.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled on business
3  Thank phantomturtle
Reviewed September 18, 2007

Stayed at Sleep Inn while my Dad was in the hospital. Staff was friendly. Hotel clean, it's fairly new. Couple things to note. Breakfast is free, basic, get there early, it goes fast. Pool inside not as warm as I like. Exercise room, clean. There are no flat screen tvs in the room. Refrig and microwave a plus. Pillows are real soft if you like that. Bathroom big and plenty of outlets. Only negative and due to my own fault, do not place room cards near cell phone or keys, I finally realized it de-magnets the card. It was a good hotel for the area. Laurel itself has its good areas and not so good areas, please stay away from the Laurel Mall! Actually drive the 20 minutes or so and go to Columbia. We ate at Cheesecake Factory, PF Changs and Champps Americana, delicious!

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lulubellemay
Reviewed September 16, 2007

SLeep inn is very nice and new. Room was good and was pretty quiet. Neighborhood is very colorful if you know what I mean but everyone is friendly. one of the hotel clerks seemed clueless and thats being nice about it. location is great as youre 10 minutes from college park and 18 minutes from BWI.

Laurel Park is outside your hotel window and thats cool. Paid $85 a night +tax

Stayed: September 2007
1  Thank griffjr
Reviewed August 15, 2007

We picked this hotel because of the price and location near D.C. Upon entering, we were greeted with a smile and our reservation was ready. The lobby was very spacious and warm. Even the selection of candy in the candy dish was excellent! Our room was very clean and very comfortable. Even though the room was near the elevator, we only heard minimal noise. The room door was not in the best working order. I had much trouble trying to get it to latch. The bathroom was bright, and it had an oversized walk in shower, which was nice. The indoor pool was great! The next morning, the breakfast was good. It was a usual hotel breakfast. The morning staff were friendly and efficient. I hope to stay here again if I am in the area!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
4  Thank Hippo5
Reviewed July 24, 2007

We lived in Laurel for 16 years, and needed a place to stay after the movers had packed up everything. Many places in Laurel are disgusting, and downright scary. This is the exception. It is new, beautiful, and very convenient on northbound US 1. The bathroom was luxuriously large with great shower water pressure. Though there are good restaurants within a few blocks (Tampico Grill is great!!), I would NOT recommend walking, especially at night. This hotel was a safe haven for bone weary folks who wanted a safe place to stay. Only problem - nobody could find the luggage cart. It was checked out to maintenance!! I highly recommend this place! Breakfast was a welcome bonus, too.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TinaG
Reviewed May 28, 2007

This is deifinitely the best hotel to stay at in Laurel. It is brand new, the beds are very comfortable. Rooms are clean. Staff is very friendly, General Manager was very helpful. Breakfast was ok, but could have more variety. Overall this is a great place to stay in Laurel.

• Stayed: May 2007