“Not bad for the money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
Barnegat, NJ.
“Not bad for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Stayed there overnight on Dec 10th in room 204 which faces the back, away from the road. I picked the Days Inn it because it had the highest rating (3.7 out of 5) in the area for the price. Room was spacous, quiet and clean. Bed was comfortable. Towells weren't scratchy. Didn't use the microwave, fridge or safe (even though I had to pay a B.S. $2.50 safe fee) TV worked fine as did the heater/AC fan (for white noise) Slept through breakfast. Check out is 12 noon, got a late checkout of 12:30. For total of $75 including tax and safe fee I'd stay there again

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars
DaysInnMgmTeam, Front Office Manager at Days Inn & Suites Laurel Near Fort Meade, responded to this review, December 16, 2012
Thank you for your great review of our hotel, Days Inn & Suites of Laurel, MD. I'm glad that we were able to accomodate during your stay. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
HUNTSVILLE
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

The hotel was located in a good area for my needs. The room was clean but could have used better lighting in the room. The check in and out was okay. The only thing I would improve on is the employee who took care of the breakfast area be more aware of cleaning it up when someone uses it. I ended up with syrup all over me. Plus there was not enough variety.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

DaysInnMgmTeam, Manager at Days Inn & Suites Laurel Near Fort Meade, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the Days Inn & Suites of Laurel, MD. I am sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the variety in our continental breakfast that we offer. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate your feedback on this. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at Dilaurel@hotmail.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, in the future.
Williamsport, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I have to admit that I was a little weary booking the room here since I knew where it was located (busy Route 1 next to Thrift Store) and the rate was quite a bit less than other places. I'm glad I made the choice.

The room was clean and fairly quiet. No road noise, just the occasional sound from the room next door. The WiFi was worked well in the main building where we'd stayed. I can't answer for the other buildings across the parking lot. The continental breakfast they have is very sparse and not really worth including as part of your plans.

The only real down side was the front desk. Most employees were nice enough but it was obvious they hated what they were doing. One employee was outright rude, though. No eye contact, no smile, no personality at all. I felt like an intruder trying to check out.

Aside from that, I'd definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Stay on second or third floor of main building away from the ground level heater/ac units kicking on...