Days Inn & Suites Laurel Near Fort Meade
Ranked #7 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
Reviewed October 8, 2012

2:00AM to reach the hotel, the location of partial comparison, If you have car is no problem.very quiet, good environment, the hotel is big enough and clean, and I am quite satisfied.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
1  Thank JIASHENG L

Reviewed September 14, 2012

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We are a family of 5 with 3 small children and planned to spend 2 days in the DC area for the museums, attractions etc. Faced with a small budget and positive outlook, I booked the Days INN in Laurel, MD. I was familiar enough with DC to know that we would have to stay farther away to accomodate my frugality but desire for safety. I thought, at $75 and only 16 or so miles to DC, that this hotel fit the bill. The hotel is at the end of a low-end style American Strip, including Auto repair shops and useless stores. The first day there, I didn't see another tourist in sight. The first night we returned from our sightseeing, two people were on their way out, cigarettes in hand and pajamas on bodies. No shoes either. There were also other assorted "guests" who didn't seem to have any luggage. 'nuf said. The room itself seemed clean and comfortable. We slept fine. The hallways also were clean and bright. The second day we were there, we saw more tourists and business travelers, so that made us feel a bit better. The breakfast was all right. Right about the inedible eggs. Hot waffles were fine. Bagels, cereal and muffins rounded out the fare. This is also the kind of hotel that has a window for check ins late at night. Ugh. Being from New York, we tried to take the grittiness with stride, but double checked that the doors were locked and we didn't leave valuables in our parked car or in our room when we left. Here is the kicker-at $75 per night I just couldn't complain. If the hotel existed outside the sphere of skankiness, it would be 4 stars and a delightful bargain! The neighborhood and questionable clientele dropped this to a 3. There is no pool. The wifi worked for the most part. There was a fridge and micro in the room, which let us eat there to save money on food. I'm fairly certain I wouldn't stay here again considering all of the other accomodations that are available around DC.

Room Tip: Stay in the main building.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 17, 2012

I like a very clean room and friendly staff that is willing to go out of their way to accomodate me and the staff here does both. I like the breakfast here but am rarely awake to utilize it.My only complaint is if they are full capacity parking can be difficult otherwise it is a great hotel and the better of the one in this area.

Room Tip: I prefer an inside room here not on the 3rd floor
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Terri H
Reviewed August 6, 2012

I stay at the days inn last week and I was less than satisfied. I booked a queen single and it was in the older outside building. Needless to say, the turf next door would have been a better choice. I saw prostitutes and drug dealers hanging around comfortably like these were things the hotel practiced. I demanded to be moved inside, where the rooms aren't filled with the smell of old smoke and a little more security. The short Spanish girl at the desk was rude. I talked to the manager and he was even more unprofessional than his employee. I was charged 52 more dollars for the upgrade and the room was still old and smelly. I decided to stay because I was so tired. I do a lot of traveling and this hotel by far is one of the WORST in Maryland. The breakfast is disgusting. the eggs are really runny and the orange juice is moldy. The housekeeping staff speaks no English and the way they clean rooms is disgusting, If the sheets look clean, they don't change them. And this is just an observation from walking through the hotel during the day.

Room Tip: I wouldnt advise anyone to stay here
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank greg m
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Good sized room with enough space for roll away bed and luggage. Clean enough bathroom and beds. Breakfast has ample tables and standard continental breakfast with eggs and waffles. 1 waffle maker is quite slow and makes for a long wait. Coffee is hot enough to cause 1st degree burn! Hallways had a musty smell one day. Service was fine all around for good value & family stay.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel on a few different occasions over the past year and I have had a very good stay each and every time. Although the hotel was older, it was always clean and well maintained... (at least the indoor rooms I stayed in were). The last two times I noticed how so many things changed. Last month I rented a room, before I checked in I was greeted by a guest angrily chewing out the manager because his truck had been broken into while parked right by the front door. His glass was broken, obvious damage, no help was given. I opted not to check in. A couple of weeks ago I returned, hoping for a decent night of sleep. I was given a filthy room, rust and filth in the blowing 1965 air conditioner. Bathroom dirty, wall and ceiling crusty, in fact everything in the room was filthy. Nothing had been wiped down and I feared the bed hadn't been made. So I requested another room... and was given one across the hall. It was barely better than the first. 2 beds, one had large visable stains (blood?) on the side of the mattress, the carpet was dingy, the air conditioner again disgusting, the whole room was disgusting and I slept in my clothes because touching anything creeped me out. I got maybe an hours worth sleep. The good part is I ran into the manager at check out and I told him my experience. I got a full refund. Not sure what changed but its not for the good. It needs new staff, upgrade, rennovations and cleaned.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business