“Excellant stay but "might" have bed bugs”

Days Inn & Suites Laurel Near Fort Meade
Ranked #7 of 17 Hotels in Laurel
Montgomery, Massachusetts
“Excellant stay but "might" have bed bugs”
Reviewed April 23, 2011

Everything was impressive about this hotel. We had a nice suite with a flat screen tv and plenty of room. Two king beds with a twin sofa sleeper, matching chair, coffee table, desk and eating table. Updated bathroom w/granite look counter. It was nice and clean. They also had a mini fridge, microwave, coffee pot (coffee brand was awful). Room service was way too expensive and not on-site. They had a nice breakfast buffet with fresh made belgain waffles and all the works. The internet was down the first two days. My only complaint is I ended up with two bug bites on my back. I can't say for sure that they are from bed bugs but they are definitely not mosquito bites. My son didn't appear to have any bug bites and I'm not sure yet if my husband has any (I will update once I know for sure). I hope that they are not bed bugs for the obvious reasons.

Room Tip: Request a family style suite (3 or more quests)
  • Stayed April 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Wyoming
Reviewed April 9, 2011

At check-in, I was happy to find that the staff had read my on-line request (quiet room on the ground floor). That's exactly what I got. The room was small but clean and complete with good wi-fi. The staff told us where to find a nearby restaurant for dinner and breakfast next morning was abundant--waffles and scrambled eggs, juice, coffee, pastries, cereal, fruit.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Vaidro
Catskill, New York
Reviewed March 30, 2011

We have stayed at this particular hotel 3 times. Each time our stay has been meet with excellent service at the front desk, and our room is always clean. People are friendly, and really care about your "home" away from home. I wouldn't stay any where else when I am in the area. In hard times that we are all seeing now a days, its nice to know there is a place you can still go with reasonable rates and good service. Larry Serrell does an excellent job managing this hotel. Keep up the good work !

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank eliza027
Albany, New York
Reviewed March 29, 2011

The room's well kept, the hotel common areas are in excellent up-keep, the staff and service was exceptional, and to top it off home made waffel's for breakfast yumm.. the best Day's Inn i have ever stayed in, Thank you mr serrell.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Benjamin0269
Dallas
Reviewed February 9, 2011

Let me start off by saying that I was taken aback when I found out that my booking was only limited to an exterior room. I've stayed at much better hotels for around the same price and was never limited. I had the same choice as everyone else. The first room I was sent to stunk like old cigarettes and mildew - I asked to be relocated. The room I settled for smelled better but I had to turn in the towel that hangs on the side of tub(usually used as a bathmat). It was filthy with stains. Get this, since the room I was given was and exterior, it did not have a mini fridge or even a microwave. Later, as I was about to shower I realized that every washcloth (yes, every one of them) was had some sort of brown or blackish stain on it. Luckily, I had my exfoliating washclot with me. I called the customer service line and spoke with "Jim" who was absolutely useless (just like the guy at the front desk). So here I lay in this filthy @$$ room in this uncomfortable bed with these dirty/hole filled towels and they want more money for an interior room even though no one mentioned there would be limitations at booking. Don't waste your time or money staying in this hotel. You may be better off booking @ a motel - same set up - cheaper price.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Laurel hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 31, 2011

This hotel was okay. The only problem is that the wifi sucks. I read somebody else's review concerning the internet, and thought that the problem would have been fixed by the time I check in, but that was not the case. So, if you're going on a business trip, I wouldn't recommend this hotel because the internet is slow and frustrating. They advertised their tv to be flat screen, but it's not truly so. This will be considered a flat screen if we were still living in 2002. The breakfast is not that great. Eggs are too dry, and the waffles are too rubbery. I won't be staying here again anytime soon.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed January 3, 2011

On Saturday, 12/11/10, around 5:00 pm I checked in and was assigned room 328. It was freezing outside and the room heat had been off as is the (corporate) hotel policy. After running the heat on high for 20 minutes, there was little change in the room comfort level; the concrete structure of this “out building” was simply too cold. At the front desk, my request to move to a room in the main building would only be honored with a rate increase. I asked to speak with a manager and the clerk told me the manager was gone & wouldn’t return until Monday. Subsequently, the manager, Lawrence Sorrel (--), admitted that the clerk lied to me, that he overheard the request from around the corner, and he simply didn’t care to address my concern. I raised the issue with a Days Inn Corporate office supervisor (Annie at --) and was told it was up to the local manager to resolve the complaint. Corporate basically didn’t care that I was unsatisfied and that Mr Sorrel lied to me and to them.

I won't be staying there again; nor at any other Days Inn.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple