“My First "Navy Grog!"”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

My cousin suggested this restaurant; we both love Asian food. From my very first "Navy Grog" (a fruity, rum-based, mixed drink served in a skull-shaped mug) to my Sweet and Sour Shrimp... Everything was AWESOME! The staff was friendly and joyous. It was early in the workday so, the majority of the customers were there for take-out. I liked that because it was quite!

If I ever had plans to be stuck in Laurel, MD again, I'd definitely eat there!

Reviewed February 2, 2013

Not a good experience. Cant say that it was just a one bad order. I ordered three different meals and they all were very greasy and disgusting! Taste like old grease at that had not been changed for quite some time. I ordered Sesame Chicken and there was not chicken just massave amounts of hard breaded tiny pieces of what looked like popped corn chicken cooked to a hard crisp with old oil. Other entrees taste the same that was brushed with the greasy stale oil. Wenny's Chinese Restaurant taste a little better if you are looking for good chinese food.

1  Thank Lynn41224
Reviewed December 28, 2012

I've been going to Chung King for 30 years now. (Yikes!) The food is consistently very good; it is not like some Chinese places I've been to where the food's really good one time and then really bad the next. I know when I go there that it will be good. I have been there for family meals off the main menu, for the lunch buffet, for the Mongolian BBQ, for group luncheons, and for take out (a lot.) I really like their Hot and Sour soup. I'm only holding back on a 5 rating because some of the sauces seem a little bland, but I like things really spicy so it's rare when a restaurant meets or exceeds my expectations. Today's Hot and Sour soup was exceptional. I knew it would be very good, but today it was just marvelous. I just love the little lady at the front desk; she is so nice. I think they do really well for takeout which is why the restaurant may not seem busy at times. You should have a good meal here or at home, if you order takeout.

1  Thank mom1cats3
Reviewed April 14, 2012

I have been going here for over 10 years. Let me say, I have NEVER, EVER had a bad experience. I remember this place even before the Mongolian BBQ was added. I absolutely love their Mongolian BBQ. Plenty of choices of meats and veggies and sauces to add. I even take the peanuts at the table and add them to the Mongolian BBQ. I've only experienced ONE other Mongolian BBQ place better than this and it's "Mongolian BBQ" on Military Hwy in Norfolk, VA. When I was in the Navy, I would go there every chance I got. For the sake of not having to travel all the way to Norfolk, VA, I take family, roommates, friends, co-workers, & dates to Chung King. In fact, I am going today for lunch.. and really looking forward to it.

1  Thank TJTropea
Reviewed March 7, 2012

The restaurant was empty when I walked in at 7pm on a Saturday night. The service was excellent but the food wasn't good. The chicken lomein was greasy. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Too bad the food wasn't as good as the service.