“A Gem Hidden in Plain Sight!”
Review of Pasta Plus

Pasta Plus
Ranked #1 of 194 Restaurants in Laurel
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Takeout
Churchton, Maryland
“A Gem Hidden in Plain Sight!”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We kept hearing about this little family-owned restaurant, hidden in a teeny strip mall off Route 198 between the north and south bound lanes of Route 1. The outside looks sketchy. Inside, they have made a pretty restaurant. But what's most gorgeous about it is the FOOD they prepare!

They make an absolutely light-as-air, heavenly pizza. Order one or two as you sit down. You can't go wrong with any of the pasta dishes, and will eat more than you plan to, simply because each bite is so good. They are great with fish, too. They'll often have specials -- osso bucco cooked all day, for example -- so hear what those are before getting set on anything.

The cannoli is fresh made, with great filling and a crispy crust. Tiramisu is homemade and perfect. The ones are beautifully priced.

Sign up for the quarterly wine-tasting dinner, where they have a multi-course meal and pair it with wines you will learn about as you taste them.

They don't take reservations, so go early, or prepare to stand. Either way, it's TOTALLY worth the trip.

• Visited November 2013

Charlottesville, Virginia
“Why are you still reading - GO THERE NOW!!!”
Reviewed November 9, 2013

This is a clear favorite in Laurel and my favorite restaurant ever! The food is delicious (Parmesan Asparagus Appetizer, Chicken Cremosa with house made linguine, Salad with creamy Italian dressing and Zabaglione with fresh berries - my favorite meal of all time). The place is always hopping. They don't accept reservations and everyone is eager to wait for a table on a weekend or special occasion. We all know it will be worth the wait!

Go there now!! But don't take my table :)

Silver Spring, Maryland
“Best Pasta!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I love their pasta! This is one of the few Italian restaurants where they make the pasta fresh and it shows! We had the best bread, salad and pasta!! We ordered the tortellini aurora and fettuccini alfredo. Delicious!

It's in a strip mall and everything else in there is closed. If I didn't know how fantastic the food was I would never go to this restaurant based on what the shopping center looks like - but don't be deceived - the food is worth it.

They do not take reservations, but it's worth the wait in my opinion.

Columbia, Maryland
“Pasta Plus or Pasta Bust!”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

Recently I took my staff to Pasta Plus. Its less than ten minutes fromt eh office and we had extra time for a longer lunch. I have been here before and keep hoping it has gotten better!
the location is not very good-between the north and south bound Rt. 1 by Rt. 198. Parking was difficult for mid day and I had to wait.
The restaurant is very dated to the early 1980's. Yes I don't eat the restaurant but would like to know the the owners keep the place up to date. First we were seated and it took forever to get noticed by the staff and when we did, she was in a hurry. The menu is extensive so it takes time to evaluate what you want to eat; didn't seem to be an issue with the waiter. She just wanted us to order.
the food took a long time and I mentioned it to our waiter. Her response was "if you wanted fast food, go to McDonalds next time". Rude, rude, rude. I realize that people in Laurel have put this place on a pedestal-they can have it. I dont want to return. Food was good but everything made up for a not so much fun experience.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Masoodclan
Leominster, Massachusetts
“Excellent Italian Fare”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Driving past, you probably won't give this restaurant a second look. The location is terrible -- a strip mall with several empty stores at the junction of Route 1 and 198 in Laurel, MD -- and, as some have already noted, the name of the restaurant does little to attract. Unfortunately, Pasta Plus sound like a fast-food place rather than one of the better Italian restaurants I've eaten at recently..

However, the food is excellent. Portions are ample and cost is reasonable. While in many respects the menu is typical American Italian, the attention to detail in the preparing the dishes is excellent. The pasta is freshly made. The sauces are well done.

Although I was with a large group celebrating a colleague's impending retirement, we were served promptly and accurately.

• Visited October 2013

Been to Pasta Plus? Share your experiences!