“Italiano Molto buono!”

Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Takeout
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

You know is good When you don't have to drown your food on cheese! Hidden treasure! Best italian i've had in a long time. House wine was NOT the cheap stuff! Tomato sauce on the spot. Have no idea what my plate had, wine effect, but OMG it was delicious! Will come back!!! Yes!

1  Thank hardriderbabe

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I travel to the area quite often and have been visiting Pasta Plus for several years. My only regret is that I did not visit earlier! I saw it on yelp but the location, in a mostly abandoned strip mall at the intersection of Routes 198 and 1 in Laurel did not inspire confidence nor does the name. Boy, this place gives new meaning to the phrase, "You can't judge a book by it's cover!"

As you walk in the front door you se the wood burning oven that turns out nice crusty bread with a soft center. The place is made up of several units of the old strip mall and is cut up oddly so it seems smaller than it is. The place feels like an old school italian restaurant.

One of the owners typically greet and seat you. I'm sorry that I do not know their names but, again first impressions are deceiving as they seem a little distant when seating you but are very hospitable as they rotate around the restaurant greeting everyone, regular and newcomer.

The staff does not seem to change much and are not the bubbly kind you find at many restaurants but are low key and genuinely pleasant people and very efficient. Even the bus staff which are younger are trained in a similar way. Water glasses are never empty and plates are cleared. I visit every six weeks or so and have at least 2 waitresses that recognize me and go out of their way to give a warm welcome whether or not I am in their section.

I hate the menu however! Why? There are too many delicious choices to choose from! And, then, once you have narrowed down your selections, they tell you about the specials that really throw a monkey wrench into the decision process! When trying to decide, use this as a guide, I have NEVER not thoroughly enjoyed whatever I have chosen!

My favorites are the Chicken Arrabiata (2 boneless breasts of chicken sautéed in a sort of fra diavlo sauce) and the Veal with artichokes in a white wine sauce. You have a choice of vegetables or a side of pasta. Get the pasta, it is made in house and very tender! All entrees come with a nice house salad and their house dressing. Portions are just right, not overwhelming but not skimpy either.

Bread is served warm with olive oil and a dish of grated cheese, both of which is put on the bread.

Desserts are homemade and I recommend the house cake. The only dessert I do not prefer is the ricotta cheesecake, I like a creamier, more dense cheesecake.

Pricewise, most entrees are in the high teens, definitely reasonable. Beer and wine only, not a huge selection but the house wines are always tasty.

I cannot wait til I visit next!

1  Thank Jim C
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I've been coming here for many many years; I also loved their other restaurant in Bowie, MD, before it closed :-( You wouldn't expect such delicious entrees in a place that is in a rundown-looking strip Mall. Their pasta is fresh and every dish tasty. My goal was always to try everything on their menu, but I have some favorites, ie gnocchi, and always go back to those. I have gone to other Italian restaurants, even in Little Italy in Baltimore, and this place beats them hands down!! You won't be disappointed.

1  Thank SuzyFiero
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I'm visiting family in Laurel and a friend from high school came by to visit. We ended up at pasta plus for dinner. When we pulled into the parking lot we hesitated on going in because it's part of a little business center with an Arby's in the same lot. At first glance it doesn't seem like a place you'd find quality food. We looked it up online and found it was the #1 restaurant in Laurel on tripadvisor and yelp. We also found the menu which was quite extensive with many tempting dishes. So, we decided to give it a try. In choosing a red wine, the gentleman who seated us was happy to bring us a taste of the house red and a taste of a bottle of red they were featuring as a special. We opted for the one on special which was quite good.

The entrees come with salad and the house dressing was good, although next time I'd get it on the side. I ordered the Agnolotti alla Panna - Stuffed Pasta. It was really good - stuffed with spinach and ricotta in a light cream sauce. My friend had the Crespoline - Crepes Stuffed with spinach and ricotta cheese in tomato sauce. I tried her dish as well and it was also wonderful. I'm half Italian and am very picky about my italian food and I would go back here in a heartbeat. In fact, as I type this my sister and I are talking about running over and getting an order to go. They have a specialty dish that the waitress claimed can only be found here. Timballo alla Teramano, which is a kind of lasagna but with layers of crepes. Mmmm...

The only thing I got here that I was not crazy about was the lemon ricotta cheesecake. I like a creamy cheesecake better. But I ate it all so that tells you that I didn't suffer much. :)

2  Thank morejourneystocome
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Pasta Plus is my go-to restaurant when friends or family come to visit. Their wood fired pizza is delicious. My favorite is a custom design: pepperoni, zucchini and ricotta. Yum! They also make a mean antipasto. I could eat their pizza and antipasto every single week. Whatever you choose from the menu, it WILL be magnificent. Oh, and be sure to leave room for dessert.

1  Thank amy k

Been to Pasta Plus? Share your experiences!