“Don't Let the Outer Appearance Scare You Off!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Pasta Plus

Pasta Plus
Ranked #1 of 178 Restaurants in Laurel
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
washington state
“Don't Let the Outer Appearance Scare You Off!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

I'm visiting family in Laurel and a friend from high school came by to visit. We ended up at pasta plus for dinner. When we pulled into the parking lot we hesitated on going in because it's part of a little business center with an Arby's in the same lot. At first glance it doesn't seem like a place you'd find quality food. We looked it up online and found it was the #1 restaurant in Laurel on tripadvisor and yelp. We also found the menu which was quite extensive with many tempting dishes. So, we decided to give it a try. In choosing a red wine, the gentleman who seated us was happy to bring us a taste of the house red and a taste of a bottle of red they were featuring as a special. We opted for the one on special which was quite good.

The entrees come with salad and the house dressing was good, although next time I'd get it on the side. I ordered the Agnolotti alla Panna - Stuffed Pasta. It was really good - stuffed with spinach and ricotta in a light cream sauce. My friend had the Crespoline - Crepes Stuffed with spinach and ricotta cheese in tomato sauce. I tried her dish as well and it was also wonderful. I'm half Italian and am very picky about my italian food and I would go back here in a heartbeat. In fact, as I type this my sister and I are talking about running over and getting an order to go. They have a specialty dish that the waitress claimed can only be found here. Timballo alla Teramano, which is a kind of lasagna but with layers of crepes. Mmmm...

The only thing I got here that I was not crazy about was the lemon ricotta cheesecake. I like a creamy cheesecake better. But I ate it all so that tells you that I didn't suffer much. :)

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
2 Thank morejourneystocome

Laurel, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“If you're coming to visit, plan on Pasta Plus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Pasta Plus is my go-to restaurant when friends or family come to visit. Their wood fired pizza is delicious. My favorite is a custom design: pepperoni, zucchini and ricotta. Yum! They also make a mean antipasto. I could eat their pizza and antipasto every single week. Whatever you choose from the menu, it WILL be magnificent. Oh, and be sure to leave room for dessert.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars
1 Thank amy k
Cincinnati, Ohio
“A Must when in Laurel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

I have family in Laurel and since I was a child we have gone to Pasta Plus every time we visit and it has never disapointed. I now take my husband with me when we visit and he loves it! the owner, Max greets us at the door and always stop at the table to ensure everything is good. I typically get the mannacoti...noodles are homemade and it is excellent. The tortellini soup is a must have! My family has never had a bad experience at Pasta Plus and it has become a tradition to go there. In terms of atmosphere I agree with other reviewers that tables are close and it is loud but many restaurants are like that. the service can be a little slow at times but still a great experience!

• Visited April 2013
Germantown, Maryland
“Authentic Italian in the hart of Laurel, MD”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

I've enjoyed Pasta Plus for nearly 20 years. In this time, they've expanded the night time restaurant to include a neighboring market with some of the menu available during the day. I enjoy the full restaurant menu more but like the food at both. The brick oven, fresh ingredients, and expertly prepared pasta and pizza are some of the best in the DC/VA/MD area. Every night when the restaurant opens, expect a line 20 deep for the first seating. I've found its best to either get there before they open for a first seat or to wait until closer to 7PM when the lines die down a bit.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Brian G
Laurel, Maryland, USA
“Authentic Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

I have been going to Pasta Plus for decades. Each meal is delicious, good portions, and satisfying. Max and his staff do an excellent job in food preparation and service.

• Visited November 2012