“Exceptional handmade pasta”

Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Takeout
Forest City, North Carolina
“Exceptional handmade pasta”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Everyone raved about this place and it was true. Their pasta was exceptional. It sure is deceiving from the outside. If I lived nearby I'm afraid my stomach would be rounder.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Fred B

Chester County, PA
“Eccelente!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Very authentic Eastern Italian (Abruzzi/Pescara) cuisine. I thought the food was very good and very true to the area of Italy. I have eaten in Pescara and the restaurant could have been transplanted from there. I had a vegetarian sandwich and it was excellent and huge, but a business associate had the Mahi Mahi special and said it was very good as well.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank Charis7
Highland, Maryland
“Wonderful Italian Restaurant with an Unfortunate Name”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is a great Italian restaurant. Don't be fooled by its name or its location (strip mall in unsophisticated Laurel). Pasta dishes are the piece-de-resistance, with their great marinara sauce. Clams and linguini is great. I ordered last time half a lobster over linguini and red sauce, with clams, mussels, shrimp and scallops that was enough to feed a small family. Desserts are great particularly eclairs and cannoli. They have a market next door where we always buy, to go, fresh pasta, Pecorino Romano grated cheese and marinara sauce. Makes for an easy and delicious meal at home.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank MonGourmet
Lakewood, Washington
“This is what Italian should be.”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

Authentic Italian family owned. They share their story and they should. I visited with friends, and can say the salad, bread, pizza and two different pasta dishes were very satisfying. This is now my Italian restaurant of choice.

Visited January 2013
bangor, me
“Great food, ok service, weird atmosphere”
Reviewed March 18, 2013 via mobile

First - we ate lunch on the takeout side and it was cramped and unorganized. Perhaps the restaurant side is different. The waiter was a bit gruff and we saw him address a couple rather rudely regarding seating. The waiter did end up appologizing and the whole situation was just a miscommunication between the waiter and the busboy so I wouldn't hold it against them but the waiter did sort of remind me of the soup guy from Seinfeld.

I would like to add that the gruff waiter actually treated our party (including our two small children) very well and he took very good care of us.

The food is great. We had pizza and pasta. Everything was very good.

I probably would not go and eat on the takeout side again but I would most definitely get takeout or try the restaurant side.