“Not very Mexican.”

Add it.
Don Pablo's
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Pretty lame excuse for Mexican food. Looks like a good Friday night hang out though.

Reviewed April 3, 2012

Overall we have never had a bad experience here, but this last visit was terrible. Our server clearly did not want to be at work, she never came to check on us after the food arrived, and when she delivered dessert she just dropped it on the table and left. I asked a hostess to see the manager and the hostess was immediately apologetic for the bad service and the manager was amazing. She was professional and handled everything just as I had hoped. I have worked in the food industry for over 20 years and between the manager and hostess they would be hired by me just because of how they handled the after effects of bad service. No food was comped as I see happen way to often, that never solves the problem it just makes people think that's all the have to do is complain and free food awaits. If you ate it you should pay for it. All we wanted was an apology and she and the hostess did that. Needless to say we will be returning soon.

Reviewed October 17, 2011

Two friends and I noticed Don Pablo's behind the Silver Diner and thought we'd try it out. We have one vegetarian in our group and usually Mexican-style restaurants are a safe bet because all of the burritos, fajitas and other entrees have a meatless option. Not so at Don Pablo’s -- on the sizeable menu, we could only find two dishes which had vegetarian options.

We ordered a pitcher of margaritas and a guacamole appetizer to start. The pitcher cost $15.99, and tasted like a non-alcoholic margarita version of tang. The “guacamole appetizer” was inexcusable. Three spoonfuls of slightly BROWN guacamole on a plate covered in shredded iceberg lettuce, diced freeze-pack tomatoes and soggy tortilla chips.

The entrees were passable. The chimichangas were a bit soggy when they should be crispy, and the Spanish rice was very dry and cardboard-like. The vegetable fajitas were one exception: they actually appeared to be homemade and the flavor was good.

The service was slow throughout. Appetizer plates were never cleared away, refills on water took over ten minutes, and we waited at least twenty minutes for the check. We considered speaking to the manager, especially about the appetizer, but realized it was futile to offer a critique, because the food at Don Pablo’s clearly comes pre-prepared out of a box.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

The food is always good and prices are reasonable. I like this place due to the great wait staff. Crystal is one of my favorites. she always says "I got you" ...My wife and I get a chuckle every time. This restaurant appears to be better run ever since they gutted their old management and kept the more pleasant ones. I will continue to visit DP's at least once a week.

1  Thank DMAN0431
Reviewed October 9, 2007

Every other week for the past 7-8 years my self,wife and three children visit this location and we were never displeased in any way
as a matter of fact Johanthan found my discover card and held it for me
what honesty on behalf of your fine staff
you are the best Elliott Eppers 240 286 2686