“My little hole in the wall”
Review of Bottom of the Bay

Bottom of the Bay
Ranked #118 of 192 Restaurants in Laurel
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Bar, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Upper Marlboro, Maryland
“My little hole in the wall”
Reviewed February 12, 2014

I like this place , small dark bar, but its a crab house what more do you want in laurel right, food is good the beer is cold ad the waitress bar tender are very nice,

Visited September 2013

Laurel, Maryland
“Real crab house”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

The Bottom of the Bay, situated on a block between North and South bound US1, is an old fashioned crab house. The table cloths are brown paper off a roll. The napkins are a roll of paper towels. The place is a small, hole in the wall, nothing fancy. The lines can sometimes be long to get in the door, however it is worth the wait. The crab cakes come in regular and lump. I can't prove it, but the lump crab cake doesn't seem to have any filler. My favorite is the shrimp salad sandwich, mostly shrimp and not much salad. The platter comes with two sides, which is way too much food. My wife and I always end up taking home leftovers from the fish dinners. This is not a fancy cookie cutter place like Philips, but the food is good and reasonably priced. We frequently take our relatives when they visit from out of town. We also enjoy the carryout.

• Visited July 2013
owings mills maryland
“BEST CRABS IN LAUREL”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Located on Route 1, in a triangle, small parking lot...traffic constantly coming and going...But the crabs and other seafood items are tasty and the prices are good. Eat in or take out. Everyone seems like family there.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank sage97
Pueblo West, Colorado
“Hole In The Wall...”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Hole in the Wall, but very good. I had the grilled Orange Roughy and my wife had the crab stuffed flounder; both were prepared excellently. I believe the previous reviewer had an exceptionally bad day.

Cockroaches in the dining room...I believe she should have left. Dining room was clean, but dated. Four Star restaurants have rates...does that keep people from them? This is a good place...not exceptional, but you get what you pay for.

• Visited June 2013