“Much needed Indian food fix”

Curry Leaf Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 191 Restaurants in Laurel
Cuisines: Indian, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We specialize in South Indian Chettinaad, North Indian Mughalai, Indo-Chinese, Lahori Kabobs & Tandoori SpecialtiesWe offer a sumptuous daily lunch buffet!All our food is Halal | No Trans Fat !!We are now open!Come enjoy our fresh and healthy food.HistoryEstablished in 2013We opened our doors on May 2, 2013.Meet the Manager: Sam K.Saravan ("Sam") Krishnan comes from a long lineage of Chefs. His culinary passion was first nurtured in his native village near Madurai, nestled in South of India, where he learnt the importance of fresh traditional Indian herbs and spices. Exploring his passion further, he developed the creative talent that has become a trademark of his cuisine.Chef Sam displayed his culinary skills during a successful 15 year stint as Head Chef at Udupi Palace in Langley Park, Maryland. Since then, he has led the culinary staff at several successful restaurants.As the Head Chef of the Curry Leaf, Chef Sam takes great pride in staying true to the real origins of each regional dish, meticulously recreating the flavor and taste that one would associate only with traditional home cooked food. We bring to you authentic Indian Cuisine from the heartland of India and beyond, set in a warm and welcoming ambiance.Welcome to Curry Leaf and enjoy your meal!
Northern Virginia
“Much needed Indian food fix”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2014

I really wanted Indian food so I went for their buffet lunch and was not disappointed. The food was spicy and delicious and everything I've come to expect of Indian food in the states. The naan wasn't quite as buttery as I would have liked but it was still very good.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank viyamusic

Colebrook, New Hampshire
“Great Indian food, very generous portions, cafeteria ambiance...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

I had Chana Madala with onion kulcha bread & Indian masala tea... And mango ice cream (they were out of their Indian made dry mango ice cream :-( )

Great food, very generous portion (ask for to go box) great vegetarian options...

Thanks! Was delicious...ambiance is blah... Cafeteria noisy family restaurant...

Thanks!

• Visited March 2014
Laurel, Maryland
“Fabulous Indian Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

Curry Leaf in Laurel is our new "go-to" restaurant when we want a good Indian meal for a reasonable price with excellent service. The complex seasonings in the food are remarkable. It's the kind of layered flavoring that can only be created with many spices and slow cooking, something I don't have the patience to make at home. Everything I've had here so far is commendable. My whole family loves this place.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank mom1cats3
Hyattsville, Maryland
“Would you like some hostility with that?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Read rave reviews about this small Indian restaurant, and was looking forward to trying it. The space itself it attractive, but the tempo of the Bollywood music is not helpful for one's digestion! And the food. Was I missing something? You bet. The flavor. The taste. From the cardboard bonda fritters to the cold bean salad. Nothing. The only discernible sensation to my palate was a little spiciness in one or 2 of the selections. Of the vegetarian selections, there were about 6, two were potato, and another two were chickpea. Not much variety there. The kheera for desert was oddly iodine flavored. Yuk!
And if that was not bad enough, the wait staff was totally lacking in guest relations. We got absolutely no eye contact, and were treated with cold silence. When the waiter took away the check, he turned on his heel without even a glance or a "thank you." Sorry, Curry Leaf. Nevermore.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank junezelno
Waldorf, Maryland
“Great Indian Restaurant!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

I love Indian food! I've been looking for an Indian restaurant for a while, but most are not located close to me at all. This place is great! The food is excellent. They have a wide menu, with lots of variety. The prices are reasonable. The atmosphere is great and the service was fantastic. I couldn't ask for a better experience. I highly recommend it.

• Visited October 2013