“Good "Chain" Steak Restaurant”

LongHorn Steakhouse
Ranked #29 of 205 Restaurants in Laurel
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 27, 2014

This is a traditional chain restaurant that performs quite well. The menu stresses steaks, but has fish/chicken/salad alternatives. I had a very nice 8oz sirloin, cut thick, covered with a butter & garlic sauce and portabello mushrooms. It came with a side (baked potato) and a salad. What was really interesting was that one of my companions and I ordered this as part of their two person dine together special. You get two $14.99 dinners (from a selection of 6+) for $29.99 - with the bonus of an appetizer or a desert (essentially free!). We opted for a delicious deep fried shrimp plate. Another nice modern feature was that there was no hesitation to providing separate checks to each of the 9 people in our group. This was my first visit to a Longhorn Steakhouse, but it won't be my last. Hope you enjoy when you try this place.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

You must try both fried and broiled shrimp dishes which are plentiful and cooked to perfection. The service is always great and the waiting time after 5pm is anywhere from 15 to 20 minutes.
The chocolate desert is enough for 4 persons.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

It may have been a busy day (tuesday 1pm) but the dinning room was a complete chaos. Still the hostess was very nice and seated us promptly. While waiting for our waitress...a horrible cheesy smell and the stains in our silverware forced us to leave the place in 5 minutes.

Reviewed September 19, 2013 via mobile

Just went to meet someone for drinks and appetizers. They know how to treat customers here. Very friendly bar tender. I think her name was Dominique. She was awesome. I order the wild west shrimp which were delicious. I will go back.

Reviewed August 29, 2013

One expects a steak restaurant to have excellent steaks. Sadly two visits to this place have failed to convince me to return. I like my steaks medium rare, and the lack of thickness in the steaks makes this challenging, apparently. Seasonal vegetables are quite good. I can especially recommend the fresh corn preparations. Just don't expect much in steaks.

Been to LongHorn Steakhouse? Share your experiences!