“WOW!”

Dutch Country Farmers Market
Ranked #1 of 1 Shopping in Laurel
Reviewed April 26, 2014

We've been getting items from the Dutch market for many years, but this was actually my first visit in person. Also, I understand from my in laws that it has moved to larger facility. We got up early to go get items for the Easter weekend activities and actually arrived early so getting a parking place was no problem. Watching the employees via the storefront windows was interesting. However, about 15 mins before the market opened the people started pouring in and in short order the que was around the corner in both directions! As soon as the doors opened it was like Walmart on Black Friday! People were literally running to their targeted area! The market is organized similar to a large grocery store with various counters, extensive meats, vegetables, bakery etc. It was amazing to watch the patrons stream to their destination. I was hungry particularly after watching the staff eat in the windows. So I headed for the take out window for coffee and a sausage biscuit, which they couldn't accept that I wanted a sausage patty in a biscuit and not a biscuit smothered in gravy... But the real point is while I was there my wife went to the pretzel bakery and met me with bacon, Cheese baked in Pretzel bread. OUT OF THIS WORLD! There are too many stories of this short visit to write them all in a reasonable review. Suffice it to say this was an experience both visually, and tastefully that shouldn't be missed if you have an opportunity to visit. Final note Parking lot is a huge pain. Choose your visit time wisely.

2  Thank Steve J
in 8 reviews
"pepperoni"
in 3 reviews

Reviewed November 25, 2013

I have been going to this market for years. I have tried just about everything available in there and have not had a bad bite. From the meats to the cheeses to the fresh veggies, you cannot go wrong here.

1  Thank Trishie66
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Never had a bad purchase from the Dutch Market in Laurel. Parking can be a pain, we get there on a Friday night at 7:15 and it's usually easy to get a spot.

1  Thank Linda S
Reviewed September 20, 2013

There's so much here! I'd heard about this place, but had never found the time to go. This place is located in a 'strip mall, but don't let that stop you.. Luckily, I was able to go a weekday (weekends are PACKED!)....because parking can be a problem. There are all kinds of meats, salads, produce, baked goods. Ice cream. Spices. Soup mixes. Candies. Even an onsite restaurant. WARNING: Don't go hungry. You'll want everything!! Great customer service and very reasonable prices. Now, I'm thinking of returning to purchase those items that I will need for the big holiday meals.

See more reviews
Reviewed August 14, 2013

We LOVE shopping here. This is the best of the Lancaster Amish cooking without having to travel to PA. There is a restaurant there as well if you'd like to eat a sit-down meal. Wether you eat at the restaurant or not, come hungry! Each of the areas (kinda like individual "kiosks") make something different and will usually take credit cards. I always bring cash just in case, though. whatever you buy, it is home grown or home made. The line for pretzels is long BECAUSE THEY ARE SO DARN GOOD!!! Get into the line and try the cinnamon sugar pretzel or pretzel dog. Yum! They give free samples of cheese, pickles, peanut butter, and other tasty foods. Their bakery is fantastic! We love the brownies with peanut butter icing and the fruit pies. But you HAVE to try their rolls. They melt in your mouth. Delicious!! Parking can be tough, especially on Saturday afternoons. You may have to park in the Home Depot parking lot (right next door!). The market is open on Thurs, Friday, and Sat. only. They also close on those days if they fall on holidays. Call or google to verify if they are open.