“GREAT FOOD.....GREAT MENU”

Add it.
Salute Ristorante
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: This restaurant has only been open for a year
maryland
“GREAT FOOD.....GREAT MENU”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I have eaten at many Italian Restaurants and this will stand out at the top of the list. I see it compared to Pasta Plus and while the atmosphere is not as upscale the food was excellent. I have passed this restaurant many time for my husbands birthday we had dinner. I had the Risotto and he had a chicken dish. Another had Chicken Parm.
The service is slow because it is a Mom & Pop restaurant with authentic food. But the waitress was polite and pleasant. So bring your own wine, good friends, slow down and enjoy your dinner!

• Visited April 2013

Silver Spring, MD
“Good but very loud!”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I have eaten at Salute several times and while it is not in the same class as Pasta Plus down the road it is a good place for dinner.Many of the recipes do not follow the classic Italian repertoire but for someone who is used to eating the classic dishes these variations are really quite interesting and good. The chef is not Italian (I believe he is from South America) but he was well trained and you will enjoy his variations on the various dishes. Some of his best treats are those made with lamb!
This is a "BYOB" establishment, so if you want wine with your meal you'll need to stop at the liquor store a few doors down from Salute before going to dinner.
Unfortunately the restaurant has become so popular that it can now be VERY loud at dinner time. Not conducive to conversation with your dinner partners.

• Visited April 2013
Laurel, Maryland, United States
“Yum! Yum! Love this place.”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This little restaurant on Main Street Laurel is a gem. It's literally a family run business. The menu is a bit limted but everything is delicious. They do offer daily specials, which you can not go wrong trying. I have hadseveral things on their menu, including the Penne with vodka sauce, which I highly recommend. I also agree with columbiatraveller -- the eggplant parmigiana is fabulous.

One thing to note, they do not have a liquor license. Apparently, there is a law in Maryland that prevents a restaurant from receiving a liquor license if it is between two churches. However, you may bring your own or stop next door (there is a liquor store literally next door) and purchase your beverage of choice. I have never been charged a cork fee.

Finally, they do cater. We had them cater a pre-Christmas party for my family. The food was ready on time, hot, and hit with the family.

• Visited January 2013
Maryland
“Salute has the best eggplant parmigiana anywhere”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

The eggplant is coated in a cheese and is crunchy to eat but with the sauce it is to die for. Meat dishes are very good too especially the veal.

Visited November 2012
“Pasta!”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I visited this restaurant at the recommendation of our friends who met us there recently. We arrived early and it was a bit cold but they turned the heat up for us. I had the Carbonara and really enjoyed it and my husband also enjoyed his lamb shank. One of our party had called ahead (2 days) and requested gluten-free pasta. They had there for her so she could also enjoy eating pasta. We will return again. The waitress was quite friendly and accomodating to all our requests.

• Visited November 2012