WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Red Carpet Inn Laurel

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Laurel
Red Carpet Inn Laurel
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
MD
“Hell On Earth”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2009

I have never in my life stayed at a hotel/motel/inn as horrendous as this place. I arrived about 11:00 pm at night and was exhausted. I tried the motel 6 across the street first but it was full and so I saw this place with only 4 or 5 cars parked out front and being hungry, sleep deprived, with a pounding headache I couldn't reasonbly drive any longer. I came into the lobby, the Indian night fellow checked me in and said he had plenty rooms available. I paid $64 in cash for the night. I took the key and drove around the side of the building to park and realized that the few cars that were there were in awful shape broken down hoopties. I went to the room and opened the door, turned on the light, and almost vomited from the stink of mildew/smoke/body odors. There was an inch layer of dust on the drapes, carpet , bedspread... everything. The toilet was broken and had a huge dead cockroach next to it. There were stains everywhere. The bathtub and curtain were both coated with mildew and nothing looked as if it had ever been cleaned. I was scared to use the bathroom directly and put rolled up toilet tissue around my hand to handle anything in there. I could not sleep that night so I sat in a chair on top of an old shirt of mine and got out my laptop to at least use the wifi. I promptly realized that the room was out of range and so I went to tell the Indian fellow about it (his english was limited). He insisted I keep trying to get the wifi. Impossible. Please, I asked him to just refund my money as I couldn't take it anymore. I was afraid of being in the room and now I didn't even have wifi access. This was too much. He said no way. His sign said no refunds. I was stuck. I asked for another room to at least get the wifi. Got another room closer to the front lobby that was in the same horrendous condition as the previous one but at least it had wifi. I realized that there were quite a few people in the other rooms and couldn't imagine why or how they were actually living there. The next morning (daybreak really) I left nauseous and dirty and still exhausted as there was no way that I could take a shower or sleep on the bed. Absolutely THE WORST MOTEL/HOTEL/INN experience I've ever had. The price was actually more expensive than the motel 6 across the street. Could have kicked myself for paying them that money.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled on business
      Location
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
10 Thank HellOnEarthMD

Families
Couples
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Also consider these accommodations in or near Laurel
Homewood Suites by Hilton Columbia / Laurel
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#11 of 16 in Laurel
Courtyard Fort Meade BWI Business District
Courtyard Fort Meade BWI Busines...
#1 of 2 in Annapolis Junction
Sleep Inn & Suites
Sleep Inn & Suites
#6 of 16 in Laurel

Been to Red Carpet Inn Laurel? Share your experiences!