“Very Bad - Stay away” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)

Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Laurel
GreenLeadersBronze level
Buffalo, NY
“Very Bad - Stay away”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2009

The owner had a party going on for his Nephew or Neices wedding - so the hotel was so noisy. the front desk lady's service was poor.
The Air Conditioner in Room 303 made so much noise that they made me change to room 305.
Overall - very bad - I would stay at the Marriott Fairfield Inn next door - much better value for the price.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Anchorage, Alaska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2009

Chose this hotel based of the reviews and its proximity to Ft Meade, was visiting Ft Meade for my daughter's graduation from Advanced Training for the Alaska Army National Guard. Checked in late after arriving to DCA on a flight from Anchorage, Alaska and was met by Janice the night manager. The first thing she did was ask me if I was a service member, when I said yes, she shook my hand and thanked me for my service. Janice set the tone for the next two days with her great attitude and warm smile.

The hotel is conveniently located off of MD295 only 15 minutes from the Ft Meade gate, there are several restaurants and shopping areas within five minutes of the property. The rooms are nicely appointed for the type hotel and the wireless internet was fast and reliable.

My wife and daughter-in-law were quite impressed with the breakfast assortment and the fact that they left out drinks and fruit for you to access at anytime day or night. If you don't have your own computer there are two terminals in the lobby for public access with a printer attached to print your boarding passes, etc.

I mentioned to Janice that I chose the hotel based off of the TA reviews and she had no idea that TA even existed, so if you visit this hotel make sure and remind them that you made your decision based off the great reviews on TA and I am sure the quality of service will only improve.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jaegerak
Riverview, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2009

I was so impressed when I checked in I had not found a corporate rate at this property when the clerk saw my corporate card she changed the rate which was lower. I could not have been more impressed.

The lobby was cozy and friendly which it is at many Hamptons this one just seemed more inviting.

The room was pleasant and very clean and comfortable.

Also nice is that there is an Ikea just down the road and I am a big fan of Ikea.

Interacted with staff a few times and found no negatives whatsoever and I am a picky traveler!

• Stayed September 2008, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sacramento
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2008

Laurel, Baltimore. Hampton Inn. There is some sort of factory is right across the street. It is very loud. There was a high pitch loud sound near the light that was over the side door entry. They don’t recycle anywhere. When we arrived in the breakfast area, the TV’s on both side of room were on different channels and music was playing through the ceiling speakers, too. It was quite cacophonous! They used Styrofoam plates in breakfast area…how earth friendly are they? Breakfast was round flat rubbery eggs, fatty breakfast meats and muffins, fruit salad was bad, biscuits heavy and fatty.

There were very soft down pillows on the bed, but no other pillows were offered and these pillows are way too soft (You couldn’t sit up in bed to read using them!). The room was in good shape-clean and nice. The bed was very comfortable 9except those pillows!). I wish the room’s windows would have opened for fresh air, though. The bathroom was clean and in decent shape. Overall, the room and bathroom were very clean and spacious. There were a lot of channels on the TV! The work-out room was 2 treadmills and 2 bikes. No free weights or anything else. No work out mat or stretching/sit up area. The pool was closed for the season (this was Oct1) and we wanted to swim! (It was about 78 degrees!)

Stayed October 2008
Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2007

I usually enjoy staying at Hampton Inns whenever I travel and have been to several properties around the country, but this one is exceptional. They just installed the new Hampton Inn mattresses and boy are they sweet. The best nights sleep I have had in several years.
To top it off there was an awesome breakfast of hot fresh food in the morning, with fresh cut fruit.
Add in the freindly helpful staff and it makes me want to move here permanently.
Great Location too!!!

• Liked — The bed was soooooooooo comfortable
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bowty57
northeast US
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2007

After reading previous reviews I was a little nervous about staying at this Hampton Inn however overall it wasn't a bad experience. The facilities were fine, although I was unable to find the little "store" that most Hampton Inn's have and the evening staff and morning desk clerk were extremely polite and customer service oriented. Our refrigerator wasn't working and by the time we came back from grabbing some take out it had been fixed. Breakfast was decent and the hotel is located right in the middle of a large variety of eating and shopping establishments including a much needed car wash. I'm glad we didn't spend the extra money to stay at the Fairfield across the street. Only complaint is company wide -- I don't understand why sharing a points card as a family isn't allowed rather than my husband and I having separate ones because we travel with our daughter separately for a sports activity only occasionally, we are almost always together.

2 Thank eastcoastgirlforever
WI
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 3, 2007

Just got back from a 2 night stay at the Hampton Inn Laurel for business. I rarely make it a point to express bad service, but I've never dealt with someone more unenthusiastic about helping customers in my life. Upon check-in, the front desk clerk was less than interested in assisitng me. No greeting at all and no smile- I had to tell her I was checking in. I'm a Hilton Honors Diamond member and while I don't expect any red carpet treatment, I do expect friendly customer service. I never got the clerk's name, but she worked both of the nights I was there. I spoke with her again later in the evening about dining suggestions, and more of the same occured- no greeting and it was a struggle just to have her look up from her computer, let alone offer any recommendations. I called the front desk for a wake-up call which she took care of, but there was never a thank you or have a good evening or any tone of friendliness whatsoever. The hotel itself is in relatively good condition, clean, and up to par with most other Hampton Inns. Located near several restaurants, but you cannot make a left turn off of Rte 1 when traveling north making it difficult to get to. It would have been a good stay if it weren't for the complete lack of customer service. Hilton should be ashamed to have such a disinterested, rude front desk clerk working for them and I will not stay at this property again due to the way I was treated.

• Stayed May 2007