“Pretty good, except for across the street!”

Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed November 11, 2008

Laurel, Baltimore. Hampton Inn. There is some sort of factory is right across the street. It is very loud. There was a high pitch loud sound near the light that was over the side door entry. They don’t recycle anywhere. When we arrived in the breakfast area, the TV’s on both side of room were on different channels and music was playing through the ceiling speakers, too. It was quite cacophonous! They used Styrofoam plates in breakfast area…how earth friendly are they? Breakfast was round flat rubbery eggs, fatty breakfast meats and muffins, fruit salad was bad, biscuits heavy and fatty.

There were very soft down pillows on the bed, but no other pillows were offered and these pillows are way too soft (You couldn’t sit up in bed to read using them!). The room was in good shape-clean and nice. The bed was very comfortable 9except those pillows!). I wish the room’s windows would have opened for fresh air, though. The bathroom was clean and in decent shape. Overall, the room and bathroom were very clean and spacious. There were a lot of channels on the TV! The work-out room was 2 treadmills and 2 bikes. No free weights or anything else. No work out mat or stretching/sit up area. The pool was closed for the season (this was Oct1) and we wanted to swim! (It was about 78 degrees!)

Stayed: October 2008
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)

Reviewed December 29, 2007

I usually enjoy staying at Hampton Inns whenever I travel and have been to several properties around the country, but this one is exceptional. They just installed the new Hampton Inn mattresses and boy are they sweet. The best nights sleep I have had in several years.
To top it off there was an awesome breakfast of hot fresh food in the morning, with fresh cut fruit.
Add in the freindly helpful staff and it makes me want to move here permanently.
Great Location too!!!

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bowty57
Reviewed December 11, 2007

After reading previous reviews I was a little nervous about staying at this Hampton Inn however overall it wasn't a bad experience. The facilities were fine, although I was unable to find the little "store" that most Hampton Inn's have and the evening staff and morning desk clerk were extremely polite and customer service oriented. Our refrigerator wasn't working and by the time we came back from grabbing some take out it had been fixed. Breakfast was decent and the hotel is located right in the middle of a large variety of eating and shopping establishments including a much needed car wash. I'm glad we didn't spend the extra money to stay at the Fairfield across the street. Only complaint is company wide -- I don't understand why sharing a points card as a family isn't allowed rather than my husband and I having separate ones because we travel with our daughter separately for a sports activity only occasionally, we are almost always together.

2  Thank eastcoastgirlforever
Reviewed May 3, 2007

Just got back from a 2 night stay at the Hampton Inn Laurel for business. I rarely make it a point to express bad service, but I've never dealt with someone more unenthusiastic about helping customers in my life. Upon check-in, the front desk clerk was less than interested in assisitng me. No greeting at all and no smile- I had to tell her I was checking in. I'm a Hilton Honors Diamond member and while I don't expect any red carpet treatment, I do expect friendly customer service. I never got the clerk's name, but she worked both of the nights I was there. I spoke with her again later in the evening about dining suggestions, and more of the same occured- no greeting and it was a struggle just to have her look up from her computer, let alone offer any recommendations. I called the front desk for a wake-up call which she took care of, but there was never a thank you or have a good evening or any tone of friendliness whatsoever. The hotel itself is in relatively good condition, clean, and up to par with most other Hampton Inns. Located near several restaurants, but you cannot make a left turn off of Rte 1 when traveling north making it difficult to get to. It would have been a good stay if it weren't for the complete lack of customer service. Hilton should be ashamed to have such a disinterested, rude front desk clerk working for them and I will not stay at this property again due to the way I was treated.

• Stayed: May 2007
7  Thank BL24
Reviewed September 24, 2006

Stayed for three nights in the middle of the week. My room was very clean, the bathroom was spotless as was the rest of the hotel's public areas. Would stay here again!! Area is great - many eating establishments near. Staff were freindly and went out of thier way to get me a room when I showed up earlier than the 3:00pm check-in time.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank Wattage
Reviewed July 10, 2006

Awesome service, beautiful clean rooms, very very comfortable beds, FANTASTIC breakfast, quite possibly the best staff of anywhere I have stayed at. Altogether an excellent property for business or vacation, nice pool too. Central location made everywhere easy to get to, D.C., Balto., Annapolis. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2006, traveled on business
2  Thank johnmig
A TripAdvisor Member
laurel, maryland
Reviewed June 5, 2006

Terrible service the customer service was less than enjoyable, there are several places to stay in the area, do not chose this one

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled on business