“Manager with Attitude and Poor Service” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)

Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Laurel
GreenLeadersBronze level
Fredericksburg, United States
“Manager with Attitude and Poor Service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014

While at the front desk to correct what should have been a very minor problem with TV remote control batteries, the manager and his associate ignored my presence while playing on a tablet computer toy. I stood there for 5+ minutes and made noise to be noticed. I was still ignored. Once I finally interrupted, the manager was less than pleasant and continued to be so throughout my stay until check out.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Stacey S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area), responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Hello James,

I am truly sorry you encounted such a negative experience while staying with us. I have just recently taken over as general manager of this hotel and will do everything possible to ensure our level of customer service improves and actually exceeds the expecations of our guests. Please think about giving us another chance as we are working very hard to make improvements. I would love to have an opporutnity to show you how we are moving in a positive direction.

Stacey Schuhardt

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Montauk, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

I was on a road trip and I saw a Hampton Inn sign on I-95. I figured it was an easy on and easy off location close to the interstate. Not. It was an about 4.5 miles from the highway with many turns to get there. I wasn't too crazy about the location the hotel was in. There is major construction going on in the hotel. Hopefully it will be nice when complete. Not sure I would stay here on a future visit considering the location.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Darnell J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area), responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Thank you rossvin324 for your letter alerting us to the problem you had with our property. I am sorry you have been subjected to such a frustrating series of events. We are currently renovating our property. The projects will be completed in phases and the finished product will look amazing. We pride ourselves on responding to customers' concerns very quickly, so what you have experienced is inexcusable. I extend my own apologies for the inconvenience this problem has caused you.Please contact the hotel directly so we may discuss your concerns further.
Forest City, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

When I am in the area, about 3 times a year, this is my place to stay. They are currently remodeling the lobby. The staff have always been so easy to work with. The location is convenient to so many things and the MD/DC area. We find it easy to catch the Metro to go into DC at the Greenbelt station. Columbia/Baltimore is close as well. Right near the hotel are plenty of restaurants - I suggest Pasta Plus - and any shopping areas. This hotel is a great value and I tend to be picky about where I stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fred B
Darnell J, Manager at Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area), responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Hello FredB, thank you for the wonderful comments about your stay and for always choosing the Holiday Inn Laurel Washington DC!! We strive to make every guest experience a fun and memorable one and by your comments, it looks as if we succeeded!! I will be sharing your review with all of our staff as a motivational tool and for recognition. Anytime you are in the Laurel area, please stop by and say hello. Have a great day FredB and we look forward to seeing you again soon!!
Pittsburgh, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2013

The staff and the rooms in this hotel are what you would normally expect at a Hampton Inn. However, the signature breakfast that normally comes with the Hampton Inn is LACKING...serious lacking. The main reason is the hotel is under construction. Until the construction is complete I would stay somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you George W for your comment alerting us to the problem you had with our property. I am sorry you have been subjected to such a frustrating series of events. We pride ourselves on responding to customers' concerns very quickly. I extend my own apologies for the inconvenience this problem has caused you. Please contact the hotel directly so we may discuss your concerns further.
Watertown, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2013

Very good service from beginning to end. Felt very warm and just like home. A good experience from the hotel and home to stay in the Hampton inn again. Very well located and near all shops for close shopping. Rooms were in great condition and made you feel comfortable to be there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello MattewF, thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Laurel Washington DC!! We are extremely happy you had a wonderful time while here. We take pride in knowing that our guests have a memorable experience every time they stay with us!! Please stop in to say hello the next time your travels bring you to Laurel, have an awesome day!!
DOVER PLAINS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 15, 2013

Love the bedding and that you get a hot breakfast, and my hubby is happy with the coffee they provide, would recommend this hotel highly, no problems here, nice and clean, love these inns, would stay any time

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Darnell J, Manager at Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area), responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Good day RITAL, thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Hampton Inn Laurel! We are extremely happy you had a wonderful time while here and I will share your comments with everyone at our next staff meeting. We take pride in knowing that our guests have a memorable experience every time they stay with us!! Please stop in to say hello the next time your travels bring you to Laurel, have an awesome day!!
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

Drove in for a business meeting and was in and out in less than 15 hours.
The room was clean, comfortable & in excellent shape. The breakfast was better than most I've seen lately with cheese omelettes, oatmeal, fruit, bread cold cereal & waffles. The coffee was better than I've had in a hotel in a long time!
The Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The night clerk was friendly and helped me get a real meal at the late hour I checked in. After I checked out, I stopped back by to change out of my business clothes before hitting the road again. They were very pleasant, polite & very accommodating. Bravo to you Hampton! Great job!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Good morning SondraD19, thank you for the wonderful comments about your stay and for choosing the Hampton Inn Laurel!! We strive to make every guest experience a fun and memorable one. I will be sharing your review with all of our staff as a motivational tool and for recognition. Anytime you are in the Laurel area, please stop by and say hello.