“Great value”

Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Laurel
GreenLeadersBronze level
Forest City, North Carolina
“Great value”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

When I am in the area, about 3 times a year, this is my place to stay. They are currently remodeling the lobby. The staff have always been so easy to work with. The location is convenient to so many things and the MD/DC area. We find it easy to catch the Metro to go into DC at the Greenbelt station. Columbia/Baltimore is close as well. Right near the hotel are plenty of restaurants - I suggest Pasta Plus - and any shopping areas. This hotel is a great value and I tend to be picky about where I stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Fred B
Darnell J, Manager at Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area), responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Hello FredB, thank you for the wonderful comments about your stay and for always choosing the Holiday Inn Laurel Washington DC!! We strive to make every guest experience a fun and memorable one and by your comments, it looks as if we succeeded!! I will be sharing your review with all of our staff as a motivational tool and for recognition. Anytime you are in the Laurel area, please stop by and say hello. Have a great day FredB and we look forward to seeing you again soon!!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Pittsburgh, United States
Reviewed December 27, 2013

The staff and the rooms in this hotel are what you would normally expect at a Hampton Inn. However, the signature breakfast that normally comes with the Hampton Inn is LACKING...serious lacking. The main reason is the hotel is under construction. Until the construction is complete I would stay somewhere else.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you George W for your comment alerting us to the problem you had with our property. I am sorry you have been subjected to such a frustrating series of events. We pride ourselves on responding to customers' concerns very quickly. I extend my own apologies for the inconvenience this problem has caused you. Please contact the hotel directly so we may discuss your concerns further.
Watertown, United States
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Very good service from beginning to end. Felt very warm and just like home. A good experience from the hotel and home to stay in the Hampton inn again. Very well located and near all shops for close shopping. Rooms were in great condition and made you feel comfortable to be there.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hello MattewF, thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Holiday Inn Laurel Washington DC!! We are extremely happy you had a wonderful time while here. We take pride in knowing that our guests have a memorable experience every time they stay with us!! Please stop in to say hello the next time your travels bring you to Laurel, have an awesome day!!
DOVER PLAINS
Reviewed December 15, 2013

Love the bedding and that you get a hot breakfast, and my hubby is happy with the coffee they provide, would recommend this hotel highly, no problems here, nice and clean, love these inns, would stay any time

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Darnell J, Manager at Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area), responded to this review, December 19, 2013
Good day RITAL, thank you for choosing to stay with us here at the Hampton Inn Laurel! We are extremely happy you had a wonderful time while here and I will share your comments with everyone at our next staff meeting. We take pride in knowing that our guests have a memorable experience every time they stay with us!! Please stop in to say hello the next time your travels bring you to Laurel, have an awesome day!!
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed December 13, 2013

Drove in for a business meeting and was in and out in less than 15 hours.
The room was clean, comfortable & in excellent shape. The breakfast was better than most I've seen lately with cheese omelettes, oatmeal, fruit, bread cold cereal & waffles. The coffee was better than I've had in a hotel in a long time!
The Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The night clerk was friendly and helped me get a real meal at the late hour I checked in. After I checked out, I stopped back by to change out of my business clothes before hitting the road again. They were very pleasant, polite & very accommodating. Bravo to you Hampton! Great job!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Good morning SondraD19, thank you for the wonderful comments about your stay and for choosing the Hampton Inn Laurel!! We strive to make every guest experience a fun and memorable one. I will be sharing your review with all of our staff as a motivational tool and for recognition. Anytime you are in the Laurel area, please stop by and say hello.
Laurel, United States
Reviewed November 21, 2013

I was unable to find this property and i had placed several telephone calls and spoke with the front desk who had given me the wrong directions...not once but twice....I reserved two queen beds that looked like two twin beds with a little extra space....in the Breakfast area....there were items not there or they had very little of.....I do not think I will ever choose this property again

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Darnell J, General Manager at Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area), responded to this review, November 28, 2013
I have read your comments with great concern and in the first instance would like to offer my sincere apologies. As a leisure service provider, we aim to provide an accessible service which is presented in a helpful, informative and courteous manner.

We have two dffirent room types at our property. Dble ( 2 full size beds) and king (one king size bed). I will speak with our staff to ensure all of our breakfast area items are prepared and available.

Thank you for staying with us. We know you have many options and we are excited you had chosen to stay with our hotel family. I will share your comments with the staff and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.
Dallas, United States
Reviewed November 6, 2013

I travel a great deal for work and generally select hotels based more on convenience than catering to a particular chain. This is the first time I have stayed at this Hampton although I am a HHonors Member and familiar with the brand. My experience could not have been better. The friendliness and the professionalism of the staff, the cleanliness and appearance of the facility, the complementary breakfast stood out. I stayed for several days and the thing that most impressed me was when I returned to my room after each work day away to find that my room was just as clean as it was when I walked in on day 1. The staff cared and obviously respected the owner and wanted to ensure that the guests enjoyed their experience - I certainly did!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for being a HHonors Member and for your kinds words. We know you have many options and we are excited you had chosen to stay with our hotel family. I will share your comments with the staff and we look forward to seeing you again very soon.