“Great Place to Stay”

Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed September 23, 2013

As an employee of Hilton I knew exactly what to expect and had my expectations when I arrived at this property. The rooms are very clean, housekeepers did an excellent job, and the front desk staff did an excellent job. I will definitely stay here again when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 22, 2013

When we stay in Laurel MD we like to save money on our hotel, but we don't want to stay in a dump. This hotel was moderately priced at just over $100/night, clean, friendly, quiet, spacious room with room for 2 in the bathroom, and the breakfast was decent. We'll definitely stay here again next year.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 16, 2013

The stay was excellent and I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling solo. As there were families staying that Saturday night, I did not have any disturbances and was able to get a full night's rest with a great breakfast for the price.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed September 8, 2013

This hotel has recently upgraded their rooms. The rooms are nice and afford the business traveler everything you need to be productive. The staff is friendly, the breakfast and coffee service the Hampton Inn typical. There is a computer desk in the lobby, but no separate/quite business center. The hotel's location is it's only drawback. It's in an industrial park area and when turning onto US1, you have to turn right as left turns are not allowed (too dangerous).

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 6, 2013

*The hotel staff was accomadating. *The hotel was outdated. *Hot breakfast items were unedible, except for the waffles. *The room rate was similar to other newer hotels in the area. Being this hotel was much older, I would have expected a better rate. *This is the first time the check in clerk mentioned that I need to park in a well lit section of the parking lot, and to MAKE SURE there were no enticing items in my vehicle for theives to see. It didn't make me warm and fuzzy about parking (and staying) there. I will choose another, newer, safer place next time.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I visited family in Maryland for an event. I chose to stay here based on trip advisor reviews. We stayed for 2 nights. Upon check in we were given our King room booked however upon entry of the room, we noticed that we did not have a fridge or microwave. We called down immediately and asked for a king room with one. We where told that no king rooms on the top floor had one. We where offered a double room that had one. We took that because we really like having both in our room. Well a night of heat and sweat because the rooms air vent did not work, we told the front desk the next day. We where then offered a room on our same floor and behold "it was a king room with a fridge and microwave". That room turned out great, however after having to change rooms 3 times, was a bit much. We told management of our ordeal and were accommodated with a discount.

The hotel overall was fine. It is located in an area with plenty of restaurants and shopping. The hotel offered a decent breakfast which included hot items. We would stay again as long as I can get the same room we finally ended up with.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I was here for 8 nights and the rooms was quiet. Fitness center only has 1 elipticle, 1 treadmill and 1 bike. Pool closes at 8. My air wasn't in the best working order. It was a clean hotel and I would stay here again. Our "corporate rate" was actually higher than the rate if you walked in off the street, that was disappointing.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business