“Very quiet :)”

Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Laurel
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed April 25, 2012 via mobile

The room is clean and no smells. Bathroom is well stocked and the towels are soft.
Breakfast was very impressive as far as continental breakfasts go.
Thank u for the wifi and free printing downstairs.

• Stayed: May 2011
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)

Reviewed February 2, 2012

I stayed for a meeting at the Applied Physics lab- the lab itself is off the beaten track, but the Hampton Inn is on a main street near shopping and food. The hotel is just what you'd expect from Hampton Inn, but I'm writing in for the staff. My admins had made the reservation on a wrong day, and the general manager sweetly refunded my no- show fee. Thanks to Tammy for fixing our goof!

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed November 28, 2011

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on our way traveling back home for Thanksgiving and we enjoyed our stay. Initially, my wife and I were quite worried as when we checked into the hotel around 10pm, there were about 25 Young Teens in the lobby being educated by their youth group leader on proper conduct while in a hotel. From the start my wife and I shrugged and thought we wouldn't be sleeping much at night as to be expected when 25 teenage boys spend their first night in a hotel away from mom and dad. The management must have done an outstanding job at keeping this group in a separate area of the hotel because my wife and I slept so well.

This is an older generation Hampton Inn and was located rather far from the highway (I'd say about 10 minutes or so), but is in a safe part of town with plenty of access to local eateries like Applebees, Famous Dave's BBQ, Longhorn, Starbucks, and Coldstone Ice Cream. There were also a number of gas stations close to the hotel for a quick fill up before hitting the road in the morning.

The room itself had a number of updates, as noted by other reviewers, like to the television, lighting, and A/C. The room was well cleaned and our Hilton "Welcome gift" (HH Diamond) was left in the room. The staff was all exceptionally nice and the housekeeping staff waited until the late morning (around 1100PM) to start cleaning the rooms as to allow peace and quiet for the other sleeping guests.

Breakfast in the morning was your typical Hampton Inn fare; but my wife and I were pleased to see that it was VERY well stocked even though breakfast was scheduled to end in a mere 30 minutes. So many hotels don't fill up their breakfast area before closing time; but this hotel was different. The hotel offered Bacon, Eggs, Waffles, a variety of juices/milk, bagels, muffins, cereal and fruit (which they were out of). Check out was smooth and there was ample parking for all of the guests in the hotel. The rate was fair for the area...We paid $95+tax with our AAA discount. Overall, we'd be happy to stay again if we find ourselves in the area. It is also fair to note that there aren't a whole lot of Hilton properties easily off the interstate between Baltimore and D.C. when traveling Southbound.

Room Tip: Get a Room on the High floor to limit noise.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank goldarch
Reviewed September 14, 2011

I came here on business and I absolutely loved it. It was in a great location with plenty of dining, it was clean, comfortable and the breakfast was very good.

My check in was easy, quick and the staff was very nice. My room was very clean, updated t.v. (LCD) a desk, a sofa chair and the bathroom was very nice and clean. The bed was AMAZINGLY comfortable. The comforters are like magic sleep aids! They are so soft. I wanted to ask them if I could purchase one before I left, but forgot to. That's how comfortable the bedding is.

The breakfast was very good. They had different things to chose from each morning, including a variety of hot items. They always had the waffles available but other items always peaked my interest, so I did not get to try them.

I had breakfast pizza, sausage links, scrambled eggs, and hashbrowns from the hot section just to name a few items. It was all very good.

I also had a fridge in the room along with a microwave. This was not expected and was a pleasant surprise.

My checkout process was easy as pie. They slipped a paper under my door the morning of checkout witch allowed me to just leave. I did not even have to stop by the front desk :)

I enjoyed myself here and would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: No tip on choosing a good room, but the comforters are AWESOME!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Kalia502
Reviewed August 5, 2011

This was your basic Hampton Inn: adequate rooms, free internet and breakfast, pool and fitness center. While not right on the Baltimore to Washington freeways, it is just off Route 1 and there are plenty of restaurants and activities around. People were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed June 30, 2010

I travel a lot on business and have stayed in many Hampton Inns around the country. This Inn does not meet the expectations that I have for a Hilton property. The inn is somewhat dated and the staff is less than engaged. I made my reservation through the Hilton reservation service for a 22 day stay. After being at the inn for 2 days they checked me out while I was at work. Upon my return, I had to get checked back in. After being at the inn for 4 days some of my personal property was removed from my room because house keeping was told that I had checked out. I noted that I was not receiving a complimentary newspaper and when I inquired I was told that my Hilton Honors status didn’t entitle me to that comp. I called Hilton Honors and confirmed that my status did entitle me. It appears that the management of this facility makes the rules up as they go along. I checked out of this inn early and would not recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2009

This is a lovely, affordable Hampton Inn in Maryland. Our room had new carpeting a large HD TV, a huge bathroom. They have a pool, but with limited hours. A Very good value for I-95 in the Mid-Atlantic. Only two complaints:
1)They claim in the Hampton Guides to be just under a mile from i-95, that is a lie, it is more than 15 minutes from I-95, and hard to find on a side street, unusual for a Hampton Inn.
2)On the morning of 8/17, we were in the breakfast area by 6:45AM and there at various times until 9AM(I have 4 kids!)....the front desk person was asleep on a couch in the lobby in front of a TV until after 8AM...and the breakfast attendant was not even there until 8:30AM....the excellent and friendly attendants at Hamptons are usually wonderful, in this one instance...the person was not even awake!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family