“Awesome New Beds, wish I could move here!!!”

Hampton Inn Laurel (Fort Meade Area)
Ranked #3 of 17 Hotels in Laurel
GreenLeadersBronze level
Virginia
“Awesome New Beds, wish I could move here!!!”
Reviewed December 29, 2007

I usually enjoy staying at Hampton Inns whenever I travel and have been to several properties around the country, but this one is exceptional. They just installed the new Hampton Inn mattresses and boy are they sweet. The best nights sleep I have had in several years.
To top it off there was an awesome breakfast of hot fresh food in the morning, with fresh cut fruit.
Add in the freindly helpful staff and it makes me want to move here permanently.
Great Location too!!!

• Liked — The bed was soooooooooo comfortable
  • Disliked — Having to leave
  • Stayed December 2007, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bowty57

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
northeast US
Reviewed December 11, 2007

After reading previous reviews I was a little nervous about staying at this Hampton Inn however overall it wasn't a bad experience. The facilities were fine, although I was unable to find the little "store" that most Hampton Inn's have and the evening staff and morning desk clerk were extremely polite and customer service oriented. Our refrigerator wasn't working and by the time we came back from grabbing some take out it had been fixed. Breakfast was decent and the hotel is located right in the middle of a large variety of eating and shopping establishments including a much needed car wash. I'm glad we didn't spend the extra money to stay at the Fairfield across the street. Only complaint is company wide -- I don't understand why sharing a points card as a family isn't allowed rather than my husband and I having separate ones because we travel with our daughter separately for a sports activity only occasionally, we are almost always together.

2 Thank eastcoastgirlforever
WI
Reviewed May 3, 2007

Just got back from a 2 night stay at the Hampton Inn Laurel for business. I rarely make it a point to express bad service, but I've never dealt with someone more unenthusiastic about helping customers in my life. Upon check-in, the front desk clerk was less than interested in assisitng me. No greeting at all and no smile- I had to tell her I was checking in. I'm a Hilton Honors Diamond member and while I don't expect any red carpet treatment, I do expect friendly customer service. I never got the clerk's name, but she worked both of the nights I was there. I spoke with her again later in the evening about dining suggestions, and more of the same occured- no greeting and it was a struggle just to have her look up from her computer, let alone offer any recommendations. I called the front desk for a wake-up call which she took care of, but there was never a thank you or have a good evening or any tone of friendliness whatsoever. The hotel itself is in relatively good condition, clean, and up to par with most other Hampton Inns. Located near several restaurants, but you cannot make a left turn off of Rte 1 when traveling north making it difficult to get to. It would have been a good stay if it weren't for the complete lack of customer service. Hilton should be ashamed to have such a disinterested, rude front desk clerk working for them and I will not stay at this property again due to the way I was treated.

• Stayed May 2007
7 Thank BL24
Richmond, VA
Reviewed September 24, 2006

Stayed for three nights in the middle of the week. My room was very clean, the bathroom was spotless as was the rest of the hotel's public areas. Would stay here again!! Area is great - many eating establishments near. Staff were freindly and went out of thier way to get me a room when I showed up earlier than the 3:00pm check-in time.

• Stayed September 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank Wattage
Woodford, Virginia
Reviewed July 10, 2006

Awesome service, beautiful clean rooms, very very comfortable beds, FANTASTIC breakfast, quite possibly the best staff of anywhere I have stayed at. Altogether an excellent property for business or vacation, nice pool too. Central location made everywhere easy to get to, D.C., Balto., Annapolis. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
2 Thank johnmig
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 5, 2006

Terrible service the customer service was less than enjoyable, there are several places to stay in the area, do not chose this one

• Stayed May 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Onancock, Virginia
Reviewed October 20, 2005

This is a new hotel and it shows - everything is in great shape. The free breakfast includes ham and eggs. Staff was nice and efficient. Lots of chain restaurants nearby.

We travel to the Laurel area regularly to visit relatives, and this is definitely our hotel of choice.

• Stayed October 2005