“Good Food - Too LOUD!”

Ranked #9 of 195 Restaurants in Laurel
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Kloby's Smokehouse is family owned and operated. Kloby's Smokehouse is known for its great food and service in a casual dining atmosphere. Kloby's serves up the best smoked Pulled Pork (served Carolina-Style), Beef Brisket, Ribs, Chicken and all of your favorite "made from scratch" sides. We pride ourselves with taking all of the time needed to BBQ all of our fresh meats in an all-natural hard wood pit to give you the best smoked, finger licking BBQ flavors you crave. No matter what occasion you decide to celebrate, be sure to celebrate the day at Kloby's Smokehouse!
No. VA
“Good Food - Too LOUD!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

We stopped at the Kloby's Smokehouse recently for lunch. The staff were very friendly and helpful, and the food was delicious! They have a good menu with selections for almost everyone. The only down side was that they had the background music so loud that we were not able to carry on a conversation at our table. Turn down the music, and I would recommend it.

Silver Spring, Maryland
“Good BBQ place”
Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I ate here for the first time today for lunch and rally liked it. The briskit and pulled pork were both very good. They have a variety of sauces to choose from. We did not drink but they have a wide selection of beers. Dan was our server and he did a good job. We will return for sure.

Frederick, Maryland, United States
“Great barbecue (and bread pudding!)”
Reviewed August 6, 2013

We were in the neighborhood and got a recommendation for this place. Great selection of barbecue meats and sandwiches. My husband and I got sandwiches. The beef brisket was very tasty but a little try. Thankfully, they served it with a little pitcher of barbecue sauces (I think they have about 6 different kinds). I had the original sauce which was delicious. I wish I had bought a bottle to go. Next time.

We also got fried pickled green tomatoes. They were a little too tart for my taste, but definitely an interesting flavor combination with the sauce it was served with.

Right next door, attached to the restaurant, they have an ice cream joint, and they serve bread pudding, of all things. They had five different flavors that night, including blueberry, apple, and chocolate brownie with bacon (strange combination, but the waiter assured us it was delicious). You can have a full serving or a "scoop," which is a third of a serving. We got one scoop of each flavor to take home, as we were too full from the dinner.

I had a scoop of the chocolate bread pudding for breakfast, heated up. Yummy!

The restaurant was clean and the atmosphere was that of a typical barbecue place. The server was polite and friendly and efficient.

I wish the place was closer to where I live so I could try the other barbecue meats. I'll definitely go back if I'm in the neighborhood.

Baltimore, Maryland
“BBQ beef brisket was great!”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We live close by and patronize Kloby's infrequently since the parking lot is always packed in the evening . However, one evening we had a sudden desire for BBQ and cold brew and gave it a chance. The beef brisket dinner and draught IPA's were superb! You can't fake good brisket - it takes hours to prepare and is easy to screw up but this beef was tender, moist, slightly smokey, thinly sliced and not a bit fatty! The hush puppies were hot, sweet and crispy and the sides delicious. Service was excellent in this crowded little BBQ joint. Kloby's occupies the space vacated by a failed smokehouse which had serious quality control problems - I hope some of the previous reviewers aren't confusing Kloby's high quality offerings with the previous tenant.
Two dinners and drinks set us back about thirty bucks; not bad at all! You can go carryout but sitting down in the restaurant is more fun. Highly recommended.

• Visited June 2013
Maryland
“Excellent BBQ”
Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

The pull pork BBQ was awesome. The portion size was generous and the baked beans were delicious. The service was great too.

• Visited July 2013

Been to Klobys Smokehouse? Share your experiences!