“I would give 5 but....”

Tampico Grill
Ranked #21 of 197 Restaurants in Laurel
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed November 25, 2013

Service has suffered. Service used to be terrific when the owners kids were running the service end. Now it seems that their friends are doing service and when you sit in the bar, if you aren't the bar tenders friends, forget getting service. The food still remains the terrific blend of tex-mex you can find. I think I've eaten just about everything on the menu.

2  Thank Linda S

Reviewed October 17, 2013

I got a Very Nice Burrito Lunch for only $5 plus my drink; the portion was good too. This place is very unassuming and the food was Hot and Fresh. You should Definitely stop here after doing some shopping on Main Street or looking at a New Car across the Street.

Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

At first glance, you may underestimate this great little restaurant. On the whole, its quite un-assuming until you get your food. Service is efficient and friendly and the food is pure Comfort Food Tex Mex Style. A great place for lunch, with a car dealership across the street to mill around at to pass some time. The Main Street shops are close by as well.

Reviewed August 1, 2013

When we walked in this restaurant I was a little concerned since the place was empty. After eating I could not fathom why this restaurant was not packed. The food was wonderful and so was the service. We ordered the guacamole which was freshly made and one of the best we have had in any restaurant. For dinner my husband enjoyed the Chicken Ranchera, my friend had the chicken flautas and taco salad. She did think it was too spicy but it was perfect to me. As for me, I had the Shrimp Agave which was so delicious I over ate. They put fresh salsa, both hot and mild, on the table with chips and both were very good. The drinks, I have to say, you get your moneys worth. They are not at all watered down, very strong and very good. If I ever get back to Maryland I would love to dine here again.

2  Thank KerryAnnM
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Tampico Grill is hidden away on Rt. 1.
If you are going southbound towards Laurel it is on the left before Main Street across from the Chrysler dealership.
It is worth the trip there.
Once you sit down , you are treated to free salsa (medium spicy) and warm chips.
My wife and I usually order appetizers for dinner here.
The guacamole is the best around. The large is large and is at a great price ($6.75)
The quesadillas with grilled chicken ($8.25) is good and comes with 4 pieces.
The Tampico nachos with steak ($9.95) is good too with a lot of black beans, cheese and of course steak.
The grilled meat here is flavorful.
My son usually gets the steak fajitas with corn tortillas (he has allergies).
This comes out on a sizzling hot on a griddle so be aware.
There is a lot of meat with this and a lot of onions and not as much of the peppers.
The refried beans are tasty.
They do take out and is as good as when sitting down.
There is a bar area separate from the dine in area.
Tampico Grill has helped a number of organizations with fundraisers.