“Surpisingly good place for Mexican food.”
Review of Tampico Grill

Tampico Grill
Ranked #18 of 194 Restaurants in Laurel
Cuisines: Mexican
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Surpisingly good place for Mexican food.”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I rarely think quality when it comes to restaurants in motels. This one is different. The food is among the best Mexican I've had. Choice of sauces for enchiladas is great. Service is friendly and welcoming.

• Visited June 2013

Laurel, Maryland
“Great Margarita's and food”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Tampico Grill is one of my favs. Please don't judge a book by it's cover and miss a great dining experience. The ambience is a bit dated but the food and top shelf margarita's are worth the try.

Visited April 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Excellent”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Great place for friends or family. Not much to look at on the outside but friendly and cozy on the inside. Family owned and operated. Great food and great service. The fajitas and the enchiladas are superb, like those I enjoy back home in Texas. Enjoyed a great lunch our son and his girlfriend. The prices are affordable, under $50 for four people including gratuity.

• Visited April 2013
Bayside, New York
“Excellent food...reasonable prices!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

This place was a pleasant surprise!
On our way to Virginia for a week (from Long Island), the wife and I always stay in Laurel for a night as she can't handle the long trip.
As we checked in to our hotel, the desk manager said that if we were hungry, there was a restaurant right behind the hotel. When she said it was called Tampico Grill my eyes lit up as we like nothing more than Mexican (or Tex-Mex, if you prefer) so our dinner plans were established!
The food was great and the portions were ample!
The prices were amazing…especially considering how expensive Mexican has become, at home!
The place was teeming with people…maybe I should have expected that on a Friday evening…but certainly the service didn’t suffer.
All in all, one of our better eating experiences!
Certainly the best of our vacation. We look forward to going back!

• Visited April 2013
Glasbury-on-Wye, United Kingdom
“When in Laurel always visit this Mexican”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

When we visit Laurel I always make a point of visiting the Tampico Grill, where me and my elderly uncle enjoy a classic maragrita. The food's good too. It doesn't look much from the outside but I strongly recommend a visit to this place. Not expensive either!!

Visited April 2013