All reviews metro station dc area shuttle service cinnamon buns turkey sausage the breakfast area flat screen indoor pool key card would highly recommend this hotel yogurt microwave nightstand closet
Selected filters
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

Stopped in for an overnight. Staff was very helpful. Facility is clean and breakfast included. A facility as expected in the Express line.

One problem is getting sandwiched between cars in driveway during check in and waiting for a full car to unload.

The rear door which is to be card protected was unlocked and could not be latched. Also in the rain no protective canopy.

Tv instructions are difficult to follow.

Otherwise a solid hotel and value. I would return again.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2018

The person who checked me explained everything about the hotel and it's services. Told me how to get to DC, which subway lines to use and other forms of transportation. My room was very clean with a nice refrigerator, microwave, and a Keurig coffee maker. The breakfast area was always neat and cleaned and very well stocked the entire week I was there. I used the shuttle service everyday to take me back and forth to the Metro station. The driver was an extremely nice man named David. He was so friendly and made me very comfortable with his knowledge of the surrounding area. The Metro station was about a 5 minute or so ride from the hotel. Getting to DC was no problem at all. When I got back to the Metro station I called the hotel and David picked me up within a few minutes I would highly recommend this hotel. I will definitely stay there again the next time I travel to the DC area.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank dwilli21
Reviewed July 26, 2018

I recently was part of a reunion committee that chose to this hotel for our family reunion.

Pros-good breakfast variety, sizeable suites, staff at receptionist area attempted to be very helpful, nice lobby area

Cons-Event planning needs an upgrade-things that we were promised during our initial conversations were whittled down and there were several attempts to alter original agreement-primarily double-booking of rooms. It left us having to deal with additional issues and other annoyed guests.

There seemed to be issues with the keys. We had to wait for keys and each day we would get locked out of the room and have to start again.
Hospitality room smelled musty. The ice machine on our floor was broken during our entire stay.
There also seemed to be cleaning, repair things going on in the lobby during busy times.

Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed April 18, 2018 via mobile

Aside from another occupant of the hotel being given a key to our room (of which she did enter) everything was ok. Situation was super awkward and I'm extremely glad this didn't occur in the middle of the night because I'm not sure what would have happened as it did seem to us like someone was breaking in. Something this careless should never happen!

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Tonika R
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2018

Hi Tonika R,

My name is Anthony and I thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. I am very sorry for the unexpected experience you had with your room and the situation you had during your stay with us. Please be assured that this case will be reviewed together with the person in-charge to address the issues that needs attention.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed April 12, 2018 via mobile

Our family of three stayed last night. The property looks very new and the rooms and common areas are in great shape. The breakfast/great room area looks very clean with nice furnishings. Breakfast was nice, they managed to get in some hot omelettes, breakfast meat, and biscuits and gravy as well as the usual cold stuff. They have a nifty pancake maker as well. The pool and exercise room are small but functional and the property is close to shopping and several restaurants. I’d stay here again in a heartbeat.

Date of stay: April 2018