Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo
$127
Hampton.com
$75
SleepInn
All reviewsfedex fieldmetro stationsix flagsfront deskpool hoursupper marlborofree shuttleshuttle servicebathroom areaair conditionerroom was very clean and comfortablevisiting washington dcfriendly hotelfour nightswater pressure in the showerindoor poolhome away from home
Reviewed April 26, 2009

While driving on our way to the hotel from DC, we were slightly skeptical about its location (which is at the last stop of the Metro blue line) far away from the city and sort of the middle of nowhere.

However, we were pleasantly surprised about not only the cleanliness of the property but also the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. This hotel worked out great for our family of four on our four day trip to DC.

For starters, the hotel is about a 20-minute Metro ride to the National Mall and the hotel staff made it easy to use the Metro with a complimentary "on-demand" shuttle.

After a day in DC, the hotel staff came to pick us up at the Metro and the kids were treated to complimentary chocolate chip and oatmeal raisin cookies. The pool even had a lifeguard -- which we had not yet seen in a Holiday Inn Express.

Don't get put off by the fact that the hotel is basically located in an office park...it proved to be a great spot for our roadtrip to DC.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank roadtrip38
Reviewed April 24, 2009

Just returned from a fabulous stay at this hotel. The property was well kept and the facility was spotless. I couldn't believe the quality of the free breakfast. We never waited more than 10 minutes for the hotel shuttle. Even the free internet worked well. Best of all were the staff! Everyone we had contact with-from the front desk staff to the breakfast ladies to the shuttle drivers-- had a friendly smile and tried their best to be helpful. I have never received service this good at even a so-called "fancier" hotel! In these days when customers are often treated more like a bother than anything, you should know that you have a fabulous staff at this Holiday Inn Express! They are a wonderful asset to your coorporation! I will certainly stay here again if I'm in the DC area!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mili007
Reviewed April 9, 2009

We stayed at this hotel for 4 nights. The hotel was spotless and the staff were always friendly! Everyone from the shuttle drivers to the front desk to the breakfast staff had a smile & something pleasant to say. We never had to wait more than 10 minutes for a shuttle. We didn't have a car so we took the metro everywhere (our first time using this) & found it was very easy to get around. Took 25 minutes to get from the Largo metro station to the Smithsonian station. The free breakfast was out of this world! Best I've ever had at any hotel where we stayed. Rooms were quiet and the free internet worked well. Probably the only "negative" I can think of is the pool is a little small. I would very definately stay here again!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank joheyOregon_Ohio
hilargo, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2009

Thank you for your review regarding your stay with the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Largo, MD. We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business. We are always very happy when a guest writes about the wonderful service they have received. As soon as I received your comments, I immediately shared with my the staff to let them know what a great job they have done. Thank you again for your kind words. We hope to have you as a guest very soon.

Reviewed April 6, 2009

I just got back from this hotel and am APPALLED at the way the front desk mishandled two issues. This was an 8th grade class trip wherein we had 60 students and 8 chaperones. My frist complaint is that 2 items came up missing in one of our girl's rooms. I went to the front desk manager and he did not want to handle this at all! He said "perhaps I didn't know my students as well as I thought". I then replied that one of those students was my DAUGHTER!!! While he did change his tune some, he didn't want me to file a formal complaint of any kind. Next, late that night around 10:30 one of our students had to be taken to the emergency room for an accident and in walks 3 HOOKERS to have "business there". One leaned over right in front of the front deskman and showed him she had no underwear on!!! Then they tried to enter 2 of our students room!!! NOTHING was done by Holiday Inn about this. I strongly advise ANYONE with morals not to stay at this INN!!! We will NEVER use this hotel again on our 8th grade trip. What was learned there certainly wasn't the type of education we promote!!! Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stayed: April 2009
3  Thank max909
Reviewed August 24, 2008

Extremely clean hotel with a friendly staff that bent over backwards to help you. Shuttle to the metro is invaluable, don't need a car at all. Room was spotless. Staff all had smiles and actually seemed to enjoy helping you. What a difference in service and attitude compared to New England where we live.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family