New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Largo
Halifax, N.S.
“Loved the hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

We stayed here three nights while visiting Washington. The hotel is easy to find, and is fairly close to the city, either by car, or a short drive to the Metro station (the hotel will take you to the Metro in their shuttle, if you wish). Also a 12 minute drive to Six Flags America. The staff were the friendliest and most attentive that we have encountered in some time, especially Carol at the front desk. But even the room cleaners and maintenance staff greeted us warmly each day and asked us how our stay was. They helped us out with travel directions and restaurant locations and options. The room was spotless and quiet, even though the hotel was quite busy. My only criticism (travelling with our children) is that he pool has very limited operating hours. I understand after asking that there is a county law which says they have to have a lifeguard when open, but they should post the operating ours on the website. It wasn’t the end of the world for us, but I did hear two other families complain they had brought their kids because a parent was there for work, or on a course, and the hotel had a pool. But during the week, the pool does not open until 4PM. Other than that, this was a terrific hotel that we would absolutely stay at again, and would recommend to others.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Central Square, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

The hotel was very clean. This is the first hotel I ever stayed at where I couldn't hear any noise from the hall. The breakfast was a great bonus. They provided something for everyone. I personally loved the warm cinnamon rolls. We took advantage of the free shuttle to the metro. On our return trip all it took was one phone call and the shuttle was there to pick us up within ten minutes. The staff was courteous and eager to help with any detail. The only issue we found was the weird pool hours. They were only open for a few hours in the evening. The kids with us were disappointed. I would definitely use this hotel again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor and it was wonderful.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on my six flags trip with my family. This place was very clean and had a friendly staff especially their breakfast crew. There werent any restaurants next to it but just a quick ride will get you there. keep up the good work!

• Stayed June 2013
Hobart, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We did a family vacation to see the sights in DC. Stayed 4 nights in this hotel. It is about 13 miles from DC so was an easy commute. Hotel was nice. Breakfast was good. Rooms were clean but had a very musty smell.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Redding, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Staying for a week in from California. The staff here is extremely helpful and accommodating, not to mention patient. If I ever return this is where I will stay. I must have visited that front desk ten times a day and they never made me feel as though I was a bother. They helped me plan my Metro trips and gave me a route map and visitor's guide.

Room Tip: If you want a hand held shower and jetted tub ask for a handicapped room..
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 stars
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Just spent the weekend here. We were in town for a wedding. Speedy and super-courteous check-in, even after arriving around 1:00am. Exceptionally clean, large, and well stocked room. Very delicious and free breakfast, not continental, thank you. Friendly and accomodating staff. Beautiful hotel, clean indoors and out. Definitely had a comfortable stay. I absolutely, highly recommend Holiday Inn Express and will choose them again.

• Stayed June 2013
Warrington, PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

In line with what I expect from a recently built hotel. Clean and roomy enough for a family of 4, for a quick overnight stay in MD. Nicely appointed with mini fridge, micro wave oven etc...
Quick check in, nice stay....one minor complaint, the shower head was really low even for being 5'11...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Largo
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC
Courtyard Largo Capital Beltway
Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway
La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway
BEST WESTERN PLUS DC Hotel Largo FedEx Field
Courtyard New Carrollton Landover

Been to Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo? Share your experiences!