“Excellent place to stay for DC vacation”

Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Largo
Reviewed July 21, 2013

The hotel was very clean. This is the first hotel I ever stayed at where I couldn't hear any noise from the hall. The breakfast was a great bonus. They provided something for everyone. I personally loved the warm cinnamon rolls. We took advantage of the free shuttle to the metro. On our return trip all it took was one phone call and the shuttle was there to pick us up within ten minutes. The staff was courteous and eager to help with any detail. The only issue we found was the weird pool hours. They were only open for a few hours in the evening. The kids with us were disappointed. I would definitely use this hotel again.

Room Tip: We had a room on the second floor and it was wonderful.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on my six flags trip with my family. This place was very clean and had a friendly staff especially their breakfast crew. There werent any restaurants next to it but just a quick ride will get you there. keep up the good work!

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We did a family vacation to see the sights in DC. Stayed 4 nights in this hotel. It is about 13 miles from DC so was an easy commute. Hotel was nice. Breakfast was good. Rooms were clean but had a very musty smell.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Staying for a week in from California. The staff here is extremely helpful and accommodating, not to mention patient. If I ever return this is where I will stay. I must have visited that front desk ten times a day and they never made me feel as though I was a bother. They helped me plan my Metro trips and gave me a route map and visitor's guide.

Room Tip: If you want a hand held shower and jetted tub ask for a handicapped room..
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Just spent the weekend here. We were in town for a wedding. Speedy and super-courteous check-in, even after arriving around 1:00am. Exceptionally clean, large, and well stocked room. Very delicious and free breakfast, not continental, thank you. Friendly and accomodating staff. Beautiful hotel, clean indoors and out. Definitely had a comfortable stay. I absolutely, highly recommend Holiday Inn Express and will choose them again.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 9, 2013

In line with what I expect from a recently built hotel. Clean and roomy enough for a family of 4, for a quick overnight stay in MD. Nicely appointed with mini fridge, micro wave oven etc...
Quick check in, nice stay....one minor complaint, the shower head was really low even for being 5'11...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I tried to check in with a service animal at 7pm on 5/17/13and was refused check-in by the person at the front desk. His name tag stated the name was Imrun. He told me he was the manager and that no service animals were allowed without official paperwork. He refused to communicate further and told me to call the 1-800 number if I had a problem with the hotel's policy. I finally got through to customer service and they thanked me for calling and told me this would be a good "coaching" lesson for this employee with respect to company policies. By the time we got to that point I'd already checked into the Sheraton down the road. The lack of professionalism and refusal to communicate upon check-in with a service animal was incomprehensible. My advice to people with service animals is to avoid this hotel. Stay at the Radisson next door or just continue up the highway a bit to the Sheraton. They will be much more welcoming and professional

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Ed L
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Dear Ed L,

Thank you so much for your candid review of our hotel. I am deeply sorry for the unacceptable service you have received from our staff. I assure you that this is not the norm you should expect from our hotel. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Largo
Courtyard Largo Capital Beltway
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC
Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway
La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway
Hotel Largo
Hotel Largo
#3 of 3 in Upper Marlboro

Been to Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo? Share your experiences!