“Decent hotel”

Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Largo
Reviewed June 12, 2011

When we arrived, the air conditioner in the hallway outside our suite exploded. The sprinklers went off in the hallway and the fire alarm rand everywhere. Our suite was full of smoke. After they got the fire out, the hotel allowed us to move rooms. The rooms were clean, nice set up. The sofa bed was incredibly uncomfortable. Worse than how bad sofa beds usually are. Convenient location. Quick shuttle ride to the Largo Town Center Metro station. Great breakfast! Good alternative to pricey DC hotels.

• Stayed: June 2011

Reviewed May 24, 2011

I was in Maryland to attend a graduation at the UM and wanted to be close to Washington D.C. also. I chose this hotel because of the reviews, so my reveiw will be one of many. My stay was great. I was greeted by very friendly staff, all who went over and beyond for meeting the needs of every traveler. After entering the lobby, there was a strong smell of bleach which didnt agree with my sinuses, but I soon discovered they had just mopped the floors. So who can complain about cleanliness?! We had double queen beds in a room with no arm chair which I desperately needed. I have back problems and during the night I have to sit up for periods of time. After explaining my situation they brought me a comforter chair from a lobby on the second floor and provided sheets to cover it. Every morning we were greeted by Ms. N, a very sweet lady that prepared breakfast. She put so much love in her work. Thank You. Our room was clean and the hotel was very quiet even though three buses of middle schoolers were there. Very secure area and location was accessible to shopping and good eats. Easy access to all highways. About 20 mins to airport. We had no problem picking up and returning rental car.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Youngtexas07
Reviewed May 13, 2011

I stayed at this hotel while attending the 2011 National Association of REALTORS Midyear conference. The hotel was 30 min drive from the host hotel, Marriott Wardman Park in DC. The hotel is hidden off the main street but very modern. The breakfast is great and consistent with other HIExpresses. The room was a standard size, but I was on the forth floor mixed up with smoking rooms which I could smell each time I walked from the elevator to my room. In addition, the forth floor was very warm as they had all the vending machines and only one A/C on one end of the main hall to keep it cool and the air circulating. You could also smell what was for breakfast each morning. There was an outside group renting the meeting room several nights which led to very limited parking at the rear of the hotel only. Management should insist that outside groups park at the rear for the convenience of the overnight guests.

With the above said, it was a very clean room, great staff and this is the first travel hotel (non-resort) that actually has a Lifeguard On-Duty during pool hours. This is amazing!

The fitness center is small but has good equipment. I definitely would stay again (just not on the 4th floor).

Room Tip: Join the Priority Club!
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed April 19, 2011

We scheduled this trip a month in advance using advanced payment. Four Women traveling into the D.C. area on a Ya Ya leisure trip. The entire weekend planned using prepaid vouchers for Hotel,restaurants and entertainment. Upon arrival at this Holiday Inn Our room assignment requested and noted on the advance payment slip, was changed from the most spacious room to a smaller room located on a lower level. Upon inquiry we were advised the room requested was unavailable although early arrival was noted. The clerk requested a credit card and I presented the copy of the advance payment. I requested the Manager who called Holiday Inn Customer Service and was advised to verify ID(picture ID). I presented this and was advised that this particular Hotel's policy would not allow us to stay without a credit card. They refunded our ADVANCED PAYMENT that was held for a month. No amount of reasoning could be used with these people. Although we indicated We were out of towners and had traveled for the past few hours to get there held no sway. Tom Anderson was advised I was a current Priority club member. It is unfortunate the Holiday Inns are allowing Owners from Dictatorship Countries to buy franchises in American and not stand by American policies especially in the District of Columbia. Shame on Holiday Inn you should throughly instruct the franchisee before allowing them to operate under your good name.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank shezja
Reviewed April 11, 2011

This hotel was about a 20 minute ride on the metro to downtown Washington DC and only a third the cost of a downtown hotel. While the hotel was about a mile or two away from the metro stop, the hotel offered a shuttle by request that was very speedy. We never had to wait more than a few minutes.
The entire staff was extremely courteous especially the breakfast lady. She was sweet and extremely on top of things. The breakfast area was tidy, clean and well organized with a good selection that my kids looked forward to in the morning.
Our room included 2 queen beds, a fridge, a microwave and a nice TV. There was room on the side for one of my children to sleep and they graciously gave us plenty of extra sheets and blankets to make it comfy. The pool was clean and a good temperature - not big - but just the right size for us and they had a lifeguard on duty even though we were the only ones that seemed to use the pool.
We stayed on the ground floor a few rooms from the lobby and didn't hear any noise from the lobby ever.
Over all, it was an excellent hotel and an awesome deal if you want to see DC with the family!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank chrissyks
Reviewed March 17, 2011

We just came home from a 4-day stay here with 3 kids under 10-years old.
The room was completely spotless upon arrival, including the bathroom (not even the tiniest mildew spots anywhere). My wife was very impressed that the duvet cover on the bed was actually sandwiched between two linen bedsheets for extra cleanliness. Note that this hotel has NO warnings at all on The Bedbug Registry website, and we can vouch for feeling confident right from the get-go that there would be no problems.

Staff was incredible - both the room cleaning staff and Wendy in the breakfast area, who would greet us daily and ask us how we were. We felt like this was genuine interest and more than just management coaching.

The hotel is in an industrial park area 20-30 minutes outside DC, which actually appealed to us. The hotels in DC are far too expensive or cheap but in poor areas -- and don't forgot that the city has one of the highest crime rates in the US. Here in Largo we felt COMPLETELY safe all the time and although the drive in to the city each morning was somewhat cumbersome, the safety aspect of the hotel was well worth it.

Wifi signal was strong and throughout the building, which wasn't specifically mentioned on the website. Glad they had it, as we brought a laptop and used it every night to plan where to go the next day. They also have a private 'Business Center' room downstairs featuring two fully equipped computers with printers that you can use for free. Nice touch.

With 3 kids, the free breakfast really appealed to us. It had great variety and changed every 2nd day. As a side-note, we found a dinner restaurant for the kids to dine for free every night (our nightly food bill was $27-34) from this website: http://www.our-kids.com/public/s/?f=2&s=136

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank GroundState
Reviewed September 15, 2010

My husband and I stayed here while in town for the Cowboys / Redskins game last weekend. The hotel is about 1-1/2 miles from FedEx Field. We were overall quite impressed with the hotel.
We were given the last King Size room (with the game, the hotel was completely booked). Unfortunately it was right behind the elevator. You could hear every time the elevator went up or down, but it sounded like the air conditioning kicking on, and was not disturbing for us at all. The hotel was also surprising quiet. For as full as it was, you didn't hear people walking up and down the halls, in the next rooms, nothing. A very nice change from some hotels. The only downfall in the room...the air conditioning was not working correctly and it was very warm in there. We asked the front desk to check on it while we were at the game, which they did, but it was still hot in there when we returned and we were too tired to care at that point. However, upon check out, we were given a 10% discount for the inconvenience (without even asking for it).
The hotel also provided free shuttle service to a drop off point "close' to the stadium. Unfortunately "close" was still about a mile walk. One bad thing, when the shuttle driver was asked if he would be there after the game, he said yes, but failed to say shuttle stopped running at 8:00 pm. It was an 8:30 game and we had a VERY difficult time getting a taxi at 1 am and then had to negotiate a price (he wanted $25 we got him to $15 ) to get back to the hotel instead of having flat or per mile rates.
The room was very clean, the bed was comfy, it had a nice selection of t.v. channels, and the included breakfast (although mediocre) was a nice plus. There was a mini fridge, microwave,coffee pot, and free wifi in the room.
We feel the only other down fall to this place...not having a restaurant on site. The vending machines were well stocked, but it would have been nice to have a restaurant either in the hotel or within a very short walking distance (we had no car).
Finally, they also provided free shuttle service to our train station...a station they do not typically go to. We would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Treycb
Also consider these accommodations in or near Largo
Courtyard Largo Capital Beltway
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC
Residence Inn Largo Capital Beltway
La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway
Hotel Largo
Hotel Largo
#3 of 3 in Upper Marlboro

Been to Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo? Share your experiences!