“DO NOT STAY THERE, THEY ARE THE THIEVES!!!!!!!!”

Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lanham
Reviewed September 7, 2010

I stayed their and it wasnt clean it smells like mildew. Also their are homeless people around their. Alot of cars get broken into. I left my wedding band their and the housekeeper kept it. They dont even have good customer service. I would never stay their again. If you leave something their I would of have hope for the housekeeper to turn it in. I will never stay at this place again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dmejia246

Reviewed April 15, 2010

Where to begin...at arrival saw as I was waiting for my husband to check in some strange man on second floor.. .we arrived late one night asked for a non-smoking room got that but it stunk like smoke especially when air went on...to tired to move, night was quiet but woke up a man in conversations on phone using the most profanity I have ever heard in one conversation....the smell of room was to much so we asked to move....went through 3-4 rooms all was missing something or had constructions materials in it finally got a room that look and smelled OK, put that room was missing pillows and towels had no more time to wast called and asked for them to deliver them, they said no problems.....came back 5 hours later still no pillows nor towels called again.. OK will send someone up right away...one hour later nothing....husband called this time and got manager to come up with towels and pillow expressed some concern he said " I have a room on first floor you can look at to see if it's to your liking" It looked good so we moved once again....still things like faucet being loose, broken armrest on computer chair, an an non working a/c unit.
Also witnessed a drug deal going down.... a pair of snickers on the lawn which we found out was a sign of gang marking their territory. A lot of activity on the balcony's with guys just hanging out on their cell phones....You never saw any families with kids or business people or any guest with dogs which is very visible at other Red Roofs....panhandlers very on every corner around the Red Roof which also stayed there.
Owner/Management has to know what going on if we could see all this in few days.
Location was convenient to Highways but NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!!
It was convenient to highways and where we need to be but NEVER EVER again

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Mrsch1
Reviewed March 25, 2010

By far the worst hotel we have ever stayed in. The rooms stunk like cigs. Sheets look like some one had already slept in the bed. Scary people outside at all hours.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank Northeast100
Reviewed March 3, 2010

I checked in late and was able to get a good nights sleep bed was great. Location was excellent to the highway so we could leave right away. Staff was helpful with directions to get a good breakfast. Will return on our trip back to Florida.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 3, 2010

the only tip that i can give to the red roof inn is to add a few more channels for the television. the hotel staff is very curtious and considerate to any and every problem that approach the front desk. maintenance is always available to me, and the housekeepers answer to every request. its a very cheerful staff here at the red roof inn and they make everyday enjoyable.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed August 4, 2009

I have stayed at other Red Roof Inns, in the area of Washington, DC. this Red Roof Inn was beyond what I expected. First off I don't smoke, I choose not to be around people that do, I walked through one employee sitting on the steps smoking, I had to say excuse me, to pass by her, she was on cell talking about her car problems. Next the room was smelled stale, and the sheet and blanket had burn marks, how can this be when it was a smoke free room.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
2  Thank vanessaGoldsboro_Nc
Reviewed September 1, 2008

My husband and I stayed here during our move from Boston to Washington DC. The hotel provided a safe place to park our car and U Haul truck. There is an onsite security guard. The room was clean, pet-friendly for our pug and provided the basics.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank sgc13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lanham
Days Inn Lanham Washington D.C
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
Best Western Capital Beltway
Staybridge Suites Washington D.C. - Greenbelt
Courtyard New Carrollton Landover
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham? Share your experiences!