WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lanham
key west
“Red Roof Best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2010

I checked in late and was able to get a good nights sleep bed was great. Location was excellent to the highway so we could leave right away. Staff was helpful with directions to get a good breakfast. Will return on our trip back to Florida.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
lanham, maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2010

the only tip that i can give to the red roof inn is to add a few more channels for the television. the hotel staff is very curtious and considerate to any and every problem that approach the front desk. maintenance is always available to me, and the housekeepers answer to every request. its a very cheerful staff here at the red roof inn and they make everyday enjoyable.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled solo
      Sleep Quality
goldsboro, nc
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2009

I have stayed at other Red Roof Inns, in the area of Washington, DC. this Red Roof Inn was beyond what I expected. First off I don't smoke, I choose not to be around people that do, I walked through one employee sitting on the steps smoking, I had to say excuse me, to pass by her, she was on cell talking about her car problems. Next the room was smelled stale, and the sheet and blanket had burn marks, how can this be when it was a smoke free room.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
2 Thank vanessaGoldsboro_Nc
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2008

My husband and I stayed here during our move from Boston to Washington DC. The hotel provided a safe place to park our car and U Haul truck. There is an onsite security guard. The room was clean, pet-friendly for our pug and provided the basics.

• Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank sgc13
San Diego, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2007

My wife and I picked this hotel because we were attending a wedding nearby and it was about $80 cheaper per night than some of the surrounding hotels. Honestly, $80 is a lot of money, but we wished we would have just paid extra to stay elsewhere. When we checked in the room smelled strongly of smoke (despite being a non-smoking room), there was standing water in the bathtub, and there was pee and toilet paper in the toilet. The room itself was worn out, and the beds were very old so I woke up with a sore neck and back the next day. The neighborhood is not terrifying, but I wouldn’t really feel comfortable walking around after dark (not there is anyplace to walk to – except for the sketchy drive-through liquor store up the street). In summary, unless you really need to save money and HAVE to stay in this area, I would avoid this hotel.

• Liked — It was cheapter than the others
  • Disliked — unclean rooms, bad beds, disquieting neighborhood
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MrPizz
New York
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2007

Although I cannot say much about the rooms (standard Red Roof faire), the front desk attendant when I arrived (11pm) on April 17, 2007, was just plain nasty. She acts like it was a bother to check me in and greets you with "Form of Payment and Picture ID." She did not acknowledge my non-smoking request (stuck me in a smoking room) and did not have my paperwork ready although I am a RediCard frequent guest. When I mentioned that I would like to ask for a room on the side of the buillding wherein the Wireless Internet works better, she rudely told me "The Internet is not free and it does not work that way", WOW that is helpful and so not friendly. Obviously she knows nothing by Wireless networks for large buildings, nor customer service for that matter.

The location is not for the weak of heart. There are numerous shirtless truckers roaming the hallways and bangs and door slamming at all hours of the night. The property is located across from an abandoned gas station and a seedy strip mall.

In total, the Red Roof decor is standard but the people make this place one to avoid, even though it is cheap. It's not worth the aggrevation.

• Liked — The price
  • Disliked — The people
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank RometoParisandBack
Portsmouth, Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2007

It' s never a good sign when you arrive to check in and the lobby contains several angry people checking out. Being short on time, I quickly checked in, deposited my bags, and went on to the next thing. I didn't return till midnight. In the morning, I discovered that the toilet did not flush, and the shower head was not properly hooked up to the pipe. I brought this up at the front desk, and was told I could talk to the general manager by calling the next day. The person at the front desk was not able to give me a refund because I didn't immediately bring it to their attention when I checked in. Doesn't matter that I didn't actually get into the room till after midnight. A call to the general manager the next day was directed to voice mail, and not returned. A call the day after that resulted in the GM saying they'd look into it and give me a call by the end of the day. Didn't happen. I'm about out of patience and ready to dispute the charge. It is one thing to have a problem in a room. It's something else entirely to receive no help in getting it resolved. This was an alternate hotel for a group whose function I was attending. It won't be next year.

Stayed March 2007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lanham
Days Inn Lanham Washington D.C
BEST WESTERN Capital Beltway
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
Courtyard New Carrollton Landover
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Staybridge Suites Washington D.C. - Greenbelt

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham? Share your experiences!