“The most filthiest hotel ever! Stay away!”

Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lanham
Reviewed January 4, 2014

From the minute we entered into their parking lots to the front desk/lounge, we noticed filth every where. Then we got to our room, 216 and the comforter they had on the bed had stains on it. it's looked like a dog poo, but they still spread that comforter on the bed. Everything in the room was filthy. We had to clean the rooms ourselves with pine sol before we could bring our stuff in.

If you are a clean person and care about where you sleep, this place IS NOT FOR YOU! Their housekeepers were very nice and helpful, but they don't do their job well. I rather have a mean housekeeper, but a clean room than the other way around. On our check out day, we saw towels on the floor. They certainly do not care about their customers.

Room Tip: This hotel is very filthy. don't bother booking with them, unless you don't care!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank eaglesH
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Sorry to hear that your stay did not meet your expectaions! Our goal is to make it right! I hope you give us another opportunity to prove that we are committed to providing awesome customer service and a clean quiet room. Would you be able to contact me to discuss your stay with me via telephone at 301-731-8830 ext 135.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

I've Stayed at a Redroof Inn before in Laurel, MD it Was Excellent No Complaints at All!! But this time my family and I decided to stay at the Redroof Inn in Lanham, MD And it was not Good!! The room was renovated but still old the towels and rags had dust on them, Cigarette burns on the bed spread, and not even 3 hours being there I killed a roach also I got up at 3am to use the bathroom I seen another roach on the bathroom floor it was nasty ugh!!!!!

• Stayed: December 2013
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2013

Customer feedback is a great tool, it allows us to improve our product and our service. I am working with my housekeeping team to ensure each room exceeds the expectations of our guests. I would like the opportunity to speak with you personally about your stay with us. I can be reached at 301-731-8830 extension 135.

Reviewed November 20, 2013

Chrystal, from the Red Roof Lanham #132, Maryland location is an outstanding employee who made my mother and my stay at the hotel pleasant. We appreciate the reasonable price of the Red Roof Inn, thus, we have stayed at the Red Roof Inn for two weeks, after the two weeks, we have returned twice for two to three days. I am so grateful for the friendly and professional customer service Chrystal provides. She goes the extra mile to make sure my mother and I have a pleasant experience. One of the reasons we return to the Red Roof Inn Lanham #132 is because of Chrystal. We do have the option of staying in other hotels, but we refuse to lose out on great customer service since these days it is hard to find. For example, when we had a problem, she showed empathy and resolved the situation immediately. There are few employees like Chrystal and I pray she will continue to keep up the Great work.
Celestine

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Dear Miss.Celestine,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let our staff know how much you enjoyed your stay. We value both you and your Mothers business and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

For work I have to travel across North America. I have been staying in different hotels since April 1st. This is the first time I have ever written a review as I felt I had to.

The hotel might look a little dodgy from the outside, but the inside rooms are fine. What really stood out about this hotel however was the staff. All of the women who worked their were FANTASTIC. They went out of their way to make my trip more enjoyable. Chrystal in particular was fantastic. She resolved any minor issues I had, offered some great advise on places to go and made sure everything was going smoothly for me. When I did have a minor problem with my TV, the repair guy David went out of his was to make sure everything was fixed for me, he even stayed past his shift. The Manager as well was very helpful and asked me how everything was going everytime I saw him.

As someone who has been in a different hotel every week since April 1st, I can not explain to you how important having a strong and friendly staff at the hotel is, this can truly make your trip substantially better. I will continue to support and go to Red Roofs in the future, based on my experience here.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank megan s

Thank you so much for the comments... I will be sure to pass them on to my team. We want all of our guest to feel at home during there stay with us. I happy to know that my team made you feel apart of our family.Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed August 20, 2013

Manager went out of his way to help me when credit card did not have enough room on it. He and other desk clerks/employees were very helpful with everything I asked for. Motel is right on the bus route and not far from the metro rail in New Carrollton Maryland. Actually within walking distance, but I have disabilities, so took taxis.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at Red Roof . I'm so excited to hear that we were able to impress and your stay with us was enjoyable.

Reviewed July 6, 2013

Booked 1 room for 2 nights for my daughters. When they were taken to there room there was a vomit stain in the middle of the floor with vomit around the edges. Beds had stains and vomit in the bathroom. Bugs were on the wall. Daughters told clerk this was unacceptable, they were told "You gets what you pay fo" . They we told that they would still be charged if they did not stay there. On the way out they were accosted by 8 to 10 of the "guests" of the hotel. Thank god a cop was there and got them out of there. The cop asked them if they were crazy for booking a room there. Booked them another hotel in Alexandra. The only thing missing was a chalk out line of a body. Thankfully my daughters took pictures and video of this mess. Having a video of there employee saying that to them sums up the Red Roof Inn Experience. Needless to say I will be on the phone with the corporate office Monday. Even if I have to pay for the night It was better than having my girls stay there. Stay far away from this disaster

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
lanham132, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

My name is Desmond Miller and I am the General Manager at the Red Roof Inn,Lanham MD. We sincerely apologized that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. I have address the issues with room cleanliness with my housekeeping department and also address any security issues with my security departmet and we have since added additional foot patrols. We do appreciate your business and we welcome the chance to earn back your business.

Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

We stayed in the business king rooms. Very clean rooms. The desk is nice and big, you can sprawl your paperwork and laptop and still have room for more. We travel a lot. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you so much for the positive feedback regarding your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you were happy with your stay in our All-Inclusive king room. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.

Desmond Miller

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lanham
Days Inn Lanham Washington D.C
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
Best Western Capital Beltway
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Staybridge Suites Washington D.C. - Greenbelt

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham? Share your experiences!