“Nice experience.”

Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lanham
Reviewed January 26, 2013

This was the first time I stayed at this hotel. As soon as I walked in the door I was greeted by Crystal, who was incredibly, friendly and welcoming. The location is great. Very easy to get on and off the highway, and has great access to many food options. There's red lobster, IHOP, Jerry's seafood, etc .. Nice clean rooms, I had the business king rooms, the staff was helpful and friendly. The Location seems very safe. I slept like a new born baby In my comfortable and quite room. If I'm ever in the area for business or pleasure, I will book here again. Thanks guys

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Edward B
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for the positive feedback regarding your stay We appreciate your comments and hope to see you again the next time you pass through Lanham.

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

The standard king was very comfortable and it included everything that I needed from a microwave to the extra coffee. The two women at the front desk Keonna and Crystal were really nice too me and my spouse, I also like how concederate they were helping me apply to be a redicard member. The manager accommodated me with a weekly rate of $45.99 which was beneficial to my account. Thank you red roof for making me feel welcome at your hotel/motel.

• Stayed: January 2013
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

I would like to thank you for taking the time to post comments about our new renovated rooms . I will be sure to pass along your compliments to Keonna and Chrystal , I'm sure that they will be very pleased. Should you travel to Lanham again we really look forard to having you stay with us.
Again thank you so much for your compliments.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at the hotel. I've stayed there for two nights to visit family. upon check in the desk clerk was very professional and friendly. during the next stay there the housekeeping representative made sure that everything was replenished in my room. I'm not sure if we are allowed to leave tips for the staff but I did anyway due to the excellent service. not to mention everything within the hotel range as far food and tourist attractions were close. I would definitely come back there.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
lanham132, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank you so much for the feedback regarding your stay with us. I am delighted to hear that you were happy with your stay. I will be sure to share your feedback with the staff as encouragement to keep up their good work. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again soon.
Desmomd Miller

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed at this hotel during the Inauguration and it was a good stay like always. The hotel was crazy during this time but, the staff seemed to know what to expect during this large event. I see that the hotel completed its renovations since the last time I stayed and it looks good.

Room Tip: •"Rooms on the south side are quieter
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for the feedback regarding your stay. We appreciate your comments and hope to see you the next time you travel to Lanham.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Don't stay here!!!! I see some reviews about how the rooms are nice and clean and have everything you need. Maybe some of the rooms have been renovated or something but our room was not nice. We got a single room and it was small, smelled funny, and everything just seemed SO old. There was hair on the sheets, and stains on the towels. There was a tv, but no dvd player, no microwave, no fridge, no coffee maker. We came on a busy weekend so we couldn't get a different room and the other hotels around were booked so we stayed. The sheets and pillows are hard and we didn't want to get under the sheets because of the hair so we cranked the heat up. I wasn't scared for my life and the staff was friendly, so I guess that's a minor plus... But I'd never stay here again, and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank charlotte s
lanham132, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this reviewResponded January 23, 2013

My name is Desmond Miller and I am the general manager here at the Red Roof Inn in Lanham,MD. I am writing to let you know that you have my sincerest apologies for what appears to have been a very distasteful stay with us.Please rest assured that I will be working very closely with my housekeeping and maintenance teams to ensure immediate improvement.I honestly hope that you will try us again in your future travels.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed one night and I must say, NEVER AGAIN. There were roaches crawling and the sink was clogged. I woke up with bug bites on my arm and immediately left this hellhole, hoping I wasn't taking anything home that I didn't bring. This experience has made me paranoid about where I sleep. What a waste, but like the saying goes "you get what you pay for". I did tell the front desk and in talking, she said that they were booked solid for the upcoming inauguration. GO FIGURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank chryldixon
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

I apologize for the unpleasant experience during your stay with us. Upon bringing this to our attention we immediately brought in a third party to inspect not only your room but the whole property and they were unable to find any issues. Our goal is to provide our guests the highest level of service and comfort - I apologize again that you did not have such an experience. I hope you will give us another opportunity to do so in the future.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

The standard room w/ two beds was OK. The AAA price was good and it had a flat screened TV and was clean. The bed felt OK too. No refrigerator in the room, but it did have an in-room safe. The room was for the most part clean.

The only issues were that the front sound insulation wasn't great as you can hear the traffic outside the hotel, and people walking by. The area's not that great either, though there wasn't any real trouble.

Finally, one of the staff starting knocking real hard on the door at 8:30 am for some unknown reason. When I asked what's up, he said it was just a room service checking to see if I needed anything. Huh, at 8:30 am!? I told him it was a little early to be knocking on guests' doors, and he said he was required to knock and ask. He also did it to all the other doors. I left a note at the front desk to not disturb me the next day, which worked.

Room Tip: If you have great hearing and noise really bothers you, you might ask for a room on the back side of...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank GBGB1
lanham132, Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Thank you so much for your review of your experience at Red Roof Inn, Lanham. I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for my housekeeping department knocking on your door to early. I have address this issue with my team so that this will not occur again. I look forward to seeing you on your next visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lanham
Days Inn Lanham Washington D.C
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
Best Western Capital Beltway
Staybridge Suites Washington D.C. - Greenbelt
Courtyard New Carrollton Landover
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham? Share your experiences!