“Stayed here to be close to DC” 3 of 5 stars

Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   9050 Lanham Severn Road, Lanham, MD 20706   |
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Lanham
New York City, New York
“Stayed here to be close to DC”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Stayed here with my family and pets prior to attending the DC Family Pet walk yesterday. Hotel was pretty clean and the person who checked us in had us inspect the room prior to confirming the reservation. We were super tired, we arrived at 11 p.m. after working all day Friday and did not look extra close. In the am, when I took a shower I noticed hair in the tub (was hoping they were not pubic hairs, disgusting). Also we reserved a non-smoking room and I also noticed that there were matches in the bathroom and the towels smelled like smoke. The towels were also kinda grey and the linen looked washed but had brown stains(we saw it after pulling the bed coverings off). This red roof is under renovation so the nice thing was that the room was freshly painted, furnishings were modern, but there was buckets full of old carpeting and other furnishings laying around the outside of the hotel making it hard to navigate to your room if you prefer to take the stairs. In addition, the outside of the hotel's cleanliness is a concern disposable cups and the stench of alcohol is of concern for families, in simple words this is a big time party hotel!!! Another issue was that the people next door were partying and although security came up a few times it didn't stop so we did not get a good night sleep. the officer just kept warning them to stop. We didn't get a good night sleep, but we made the best of the stay. It was a little scary to see an off duty officer working as security at this hotel. Never saw that and we frequent red roof hotels (especially in the DC/MD, VA area) a lot because of the value and we love visiting the historical sites.

Room Tip: Read reviews and see whats important to you. If its for one night try to be tolerable of certain thi...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
key west
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2012

I stayed at the hotel while visiting freinds and my stay was great. The staff was helpful with recomendations on local restaurants to go to. I will be returning in a few weeks and will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 stars
lanham132, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, September 17, 2012
Thank you so much for your feed back regarding your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you given Red Roof and opportunity to serve you. I will pass your comments on to my staff as encouragement to continue providing a great experience for our guest. We also are presently undergoing a renovation of our rooms and completion is schedule for mid October.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again!

Manassas, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I frequent the redroof atleast once a month when I come down to visit my family and children and I always recieved great service 100% The staff is very friendly and helpful and it's very close to metro station for people coming to town needing public transportation. The rooms are nice and clean and it's ot overpriced like the other hotels near area. The staff always make sure we have what we need during my travel and even assist me with my many extra requests such as faxes, ordering taxi service, and recommending awsome spots for us to visit while we're there. I've also noticed new ammenities as far as plasma tv's, in-house coffee machines in room, free wi-fi for entire hotel, free long distance, etc... I recommend this spot for any family traveling who's looking for a nice clean room that's inexpensive. It's definately worth it. Anytime I travel to Washington this is perfect for my family !!! Keep up the work redroof :-)

Room Tip: The superior king is a plus!!!! It basically has whatever you need during travel
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
lanham132, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Thank you so much for your honest review of your experience. I am glad to know that my team gave exceptional service for it is our ultimate goal to exceed our customers expectations . I will pass on your kind words to my team. In mid September we are undergoing a renovation and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Dayton, OH
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We wanted something cheap that would take pets. We were planning to take our 1 year old daughter to see the sites in DC. We arrived kind late (10PM) due to traffic and were horrified at the hotel. As we pulled in we noticed several doors open to rooms with many people sitting inside drinking. It appears this may be a party hotel. After we checked in we went to the room. It was filthy. The carpets had not been vacuumed. There appeared to be vomit on the wall. I went to the desk clerk and asked for another room. In addition to not being vacuumed, this room had what appeared to be fairly new blood on the floor. That's it, we checked out. The clerk was nice about. We went down the road to a Best Western.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Don A
lanham132, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
We appreciate you letting us know of your experience and apologize for your stay at Red Roof Lanham. It is through honest feedback such as yours that we are able to improve Red Roof. Rest assured that I have personally followed up with my entire staff and corrective measures have been taken.

We are presently schedule to renovate Red Roof Lanham in mid September and we welcome and opportunity to earn back your buisness.

Desond Miller
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

If you're willing to do a little work to get to central DC, you'll love the value. Inexpensive, kind staff and spacious rooms for the price. Free wifi is a big plus.

If you're going by public transport the G13-G16 from New Carrollton station gets you pretty close.

• Stayed July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. We are pleased you enjoyed the value of our hotel. It is our ultimate goal to provide superior customer care. I will share your comments with our staff and we hope to see you again.

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

upon check in people very rude (Desmond miller GM) and (Crystal CS). gave hard time about giving our redi card points, comfirmed we decided to stay all weekend was told not a problem.
come saturday @ 11:35am. my sister was woke by a banging on the door she was startled thought there was a fire or some emergency...here it was the GM screaming at her to get out of the room we didnt pay for another nite threaten to have her removed she was not able to call me because the room had no phone after appx 20 mins of threats and her saying we confirmed stay at check in he said we will charge her card (Mine). when I came back to room that eveing I made request at front desk to move due to broken shower no cable and no phone in room they said it was to late and was not to do it. 45 mins later while in shower someone was beating on the door and it was the mateince man the GM saying if I want a new room I had to do it now I advised I was not dressed my sister was not here and I needed time to pack up 2 people's items he said I had 15 mins I said I need like hour they said no. that ended saturday stay when i returned in the a.m sunday at 9:30 and again stop @ front desk ask for a 1 hour courtesy checkout due to all the trouble we had and no phone service we had to drive to places that we should have been able to call. I was told by Crystal who was not in uniform but in rip jeans and a t-shirt we dont do that here and if we are not out by 11am she will charge my card. beofre I walked outta of the office I ask for the GM number ...wouldnt you know it it was the same man that was so rude from check in and the one that threaten my sister... I was horrified !!!!! when I called the office at that location due to leaving my power cord behind I was told no cord was found. all i could say is WOW.
D.Kenee

Room Tip: Only tip i can give for this place is DO NOT stay there. Try the one in Timmonium MD they are great
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
2 Thank danielle k
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Me and my family of 4 stayed here for one night. On a Saturday. This hotel was close to the location we needed to be at and it was the cheapest in the area. The front desk guy let us check out our room before we paid for it, which was nice of him! It was some where to lay our heads til the next morning!

• Stayed July 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lanham
Days Inn Lanham Washington D.C
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
BEST WESTERN Capital Beltway
Staybridge Suites Washington D.C. - Greenbelt
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - College Park

Been to Red Roof Inn Washington, DC - Lanham? Share your experiences!