“Awesome!!”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lanham
College Park, Maryland
“Awesome!!”
Reviewed January 31, 2011

excellent stay, will be back again. we really enjoyed our stay at this hotel, great staff breakfast was a big plus especially for us travelling with our little boy..

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
BWGeneralManager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Capital Beltway, responded to this review, February 1, 2011
Let me start by thanking you for completing a review regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. Thank you again for your positive feedback. We hope to see you again.

If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 301-459-1000 .

Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Helen Hayes-Wittenberg
Best Western Capital Beltway

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
College Park
Reviewed January 31, 2011

We were very pleased with our stay at this hotel. The staff were friendly and nice and was always there for all our needs. We will definetely stay here again if we happen to be in the area!!!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
YourDCManager, Guest Relations Manager at BEST WESTERN Capital Beltway, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Dear samarfeel, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our hotel. Your feedback is very important to us and we are glad to hear you had an enjoyable stay. We look forward to accommodating you again.
Oxon Hill, Maryland
Reviewed January 28, 2011

Over all my experience was great! I do wish that there was more to the complimentary breakfast (Meat). I love the location,perfect for a party with out of town friends!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear ladydi66, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We appreciate your business and look forward to accommodating you again.
Towanda, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 28, 2011

Staff was very nice...and responsive. Rooms were very clean and stocked with necessary items. Non-smoking hotel was such a plus... I travel to this area very often, and this was a gem of a hotel to find...the price paid for what I received was awesome!!!!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled solo
Dear Atravelingmom1, Thank You for taking the time to comment on our hotel. We appreciate your business and look forward to accommodating you again.,
Springfield, Virginia
Reviewed November 4, 2010

Happy to say that we did NOT spend the night here, but were in this Best Western for a conference.

Upon pulling into the parking lot, my colleague and found multiple bags of garbage scattered throughout the lot. There were also many empty bottles of cheap wine, beer, and those awful, fruity Boone's beverages we used to drink in college. (Note: This is not adjacent to any sort of campus.)

The lobby entrance actually did look very nice. And that's the only compliment I can give to the structure.

The conference rooms were shoddy - grungy carpet, food splattered on the walls, cloudy water in the pitchers, external doors through which you could see daylight and shadows of passers-by, (attention rodents: come on in!) poor placement of electrical outlets, stained chairs, etc. The smell was that of smoke, feet, wet dogs, and B.O.

Restrooms: Ladies' - clean looking overall, but the toilets were leaking. (EW!) Men's - One colleague of ours decided he'd rather "hold it" for the rest of the conference.

Food: I enjoyed drinking straight from my soda can b/c there was no way I was trusting the ice! Bagels: mini-sized and stale. Lunch: Assorted subs - HIDEOUS meat. Sliced turkey shouldn't look like lace. I think most of us dined on chips and soda for lunch.

At the end of our day-long conference, we were being rushed out of the place (not that we minded that part). Apparently, this place turns into some sort of club on Saturday nights. From the look of the parking lot, I'd guess Friday was the same sort of thing.

My expectations were only this: clean, safe hotel and edible food. 0/3 on that. Hopefully this organization got this space for next-to-nothing, or it was terrible waste of funds.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Melbourne
Reviewed October 6, 2010

We found everything here to be good. Free WiFi, good breakfasts, free car park. The room had a microwave and fridge. We foung it took about 20 - 25 minutes to drive to Washington. Our car GPS was a definate asset.
Our room rate was $US 84 per night for a 3 night stay, booked via internet.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Wilmington, Delaware
Reviewed October 2, 2010

i stay here earlier in the year it was fine...but when i came back in september i got to the hotel first the front desk was nice went to the room it was fine like the other comments what do you expect the $80 a nite. went into the bathroom the were smash bugs on the walls you would think they would clean it but no then there were baby roaches crawling in the bathroom (UNACCEPTABLE) if you see little one there are more. my friend came up the next day and i told him we not staying there any more he said fine. then he saw another baby roach and said i understand why. I understand this is not a five star hotel but DAMN bugs thats crazy to me seeing roaches mean nasty and unsanitary. i had to go home and shake my clothes out. The manager told me that they will give the best room next time come there...what you think

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lanham
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
Days Inn Lanham Washington D.C
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Courtyard New Carrollton Landover
Staybridge Suites Washington D.C. - Greenbelt
BEST WESTERN PLUS College Park Hotel

Been to BEST WESTERN Capital Beltway? Share your experiences!