New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of BEST WESTERN Capital Beltway

BEST WESTERN Capital Beltway
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lanham
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Good and Recommended for a stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I did stay @Best Western Capital Beltway about 5 days when my wife got a job in Bowie. The staff is friendly and receiving. Breakfast was what we can ask for. Room service was on time. Manager Helen and Front desk person Glenn did help alot to gain good understanding about local area view. Thanks to all the staff who made our stay comfortable.

Room Tip: If your visiting DC and surroundings...staying in this would be helpful.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
BWGeneralManager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Capital Beltway, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Your positive feedback is greatly appreciated. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to accommodate you and your wife again on your next visit to the area. Have a lovely weekend.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
buffalo, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I had a wonderful and peaceful stay. The staff went above and beyond. Glen and all the staff were friendly and helpful. I have stayed here on many occassions because of the cleanliness and service I received here. I recommend this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWGeneralManager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Capital Beltway, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your positive feed back. We are glad to know that you had a great stay!
Bronx, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013 via mobile

My family and I have been here for the past 4 nights and our stay has gradually gone from ok to terrible. The fact that there is a night club on the 1st floor of a "family oriented" hotel baffles me. What's worse is that they don't warn you about it at check-in. And it doesn't matter where in the hotel you stay, the vibrations from the extremely loud music carry throughout the building. Any positive reviews I could've given this place have been eradicated tonight. Never again. Please save your pennies and avoid this place.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
We apologize for not exceeding your expectation during your recent stay. After my follow up on the private function held at the Ballroom on September 01, 2013 (Sunday), I was told that the DJ music was loud. After complaint from guest was received at the front desk, the person in charge of the private event was advised to minimize the music. I apologize for any inconvenience and I assure you that I will not book this event again. Thank you again for sharing your feedback and would like to let you know that the noise was coming from the Ballroom private function, not from the BayStreet Lounge which we operate only on Fridays and Saturdays.
West Milford, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

Best Western Beltway in Lanham MD has a great staff and a lovely lobby. From there it is a let down. The room decor is dated, old, dark, in need of an upgrade and very NOISY due to its proximity to a highway. The pool area is really run down. It was disappointing. I will not stay there again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

We apologize for not exceeding your expectation during your recent stay. We appreciate the positive feedback you had mentioned about our hotel staff and will follow-up to all your concerns to avoid repeated complaint from any of our future guests.
NY, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

Very clean guest room and the bath. that is the important thing I look for, Good size refrigerator and microwave oven. LCD TV with a very clean remote control. Decent rate in that area, and it is located at a desired location. it is a pleasure staying there.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank you for sharing your positive feedback regarding Best Western Capital Beltway Hotel. We look forward to your next visit.
Wyandotte, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We were staying at the Best Western for our 11 days of sightseeing in Washington D.C. We really enjoyed staying at the Best Western because it was less expensive than trying to stay in D.C. This gave us the ability to see other parts of the area.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

BWGeneralManager, Manager at BEST WESTERN Capital Beltway, responded to this review, August 3, 2013

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. Thank you again and we hope to see you again soon.
Bridgeport, West Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I stayed with an adult bus group of 35 people from July 22 to 25, 2013. We did not get to the motel until after 10:30 each evening. There were two other youth groups while we were staying there. I stayed in room 312. The room itself was clean, but be sure to bring a power strip as there aren’t adequate outlets for many electronic devices. The bathroom was a different story. The sink faucet was leaking at the base. The bathtub/shower has sufficient pressure, but the hot water faucet handle was leaking and the shower did not remove all of the water from the tub faucet. The tub was slow to drain and water was up to my ankles before draining.

As a group, we had breakfast each morning. Instead of being in the breakfast room of the motel, we were sent one of the breakout ballrooms. Breakfast consisted of runny scrambled eggs, grits, and muffins. There were also apples and oranges, 2 types of cereal. No MEAT even after we complained! The regular breakfast room apparently had meat.

We had a woman in our group who stayed at this motel last month and her car window had been busted in and we found out that on our last evening there, there were three cars that were broken in that night. Overall, this is a decent place to stay, but be careful with your car.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
Let me start by thanking you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at our property.

Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. My apology for not exceeding your expectation during your recent stay with us. Please be advise that the negotiated group rate you had participated includes continental breakfast each morning, not HOT breakfast. In regards to car break in, it is unfortunate that this incident can happen anytime and anywhere. Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lanham
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
Days Inn Lanham Washington D.C
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Courtyard New Carrollton Landover
Staybridge Suites Washington D.C. - Greenbelt
BEST WESTERN PLUS College Park Hotel

Been to BEST WESTERN Capital Beltway? Share your experiences!