“Not family friendly” 1 of 5 stars

BEST WESTERN Capital Beltway
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lanham
“Not family friendly”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

Booked this hotel for my family on our six flags trip. We arrived at 11:30pm and I was disgusted by the outside. It was clean but I could not even drag my children through the sea of drunk people out front throwing beer cans and yelling. Didn't think this was going to be safe due to that and the bouncers standing outside what they call their lounge but is actually a nightclub. This is all at the only entrance. I also noticed 3 state police standing by. The front desk did offer to upgrade me but I kindly declined as I had to quickly exit the area due to a group of men with drinks trying to talk to my 12 yr old daughter. If you are an adult couple this may be a nice hotel but definitely not for a family. I was very surprised as I have never had an Issue with a Best Western. Maybe it should be advertised differently.

Stayed June 2013
Poncedar J, Manager at BEST WESTERN Capital Beltway, responded to this review, July 1, 2013
Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologize for not exceeding your expectations. Thank you very much for bring your concerns to my attention regarding our Night Club. Please except my sincere apologies for not providing you with that information upon receipt of your booking. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 301-459-1000 .

BEST WESTERN Capital Beltway

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Pune, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The location of the hotel was pretty ok and since the hotel shuttle dropped us to the station and picked us up back it was convenient.we stayed for 3 nights and were pretty comfortable.Inspite of the night club in the hotel we didnt face any issues. The breakfast was ok and the chef cum shuttle driver was very helpful and warm.The rooms were clean and big and same wih the washrooms. As such an average hotel wnd we spent are 3nights here without any hassles.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars
BWGeneralManager, General Manager at BEST WESTERN Capital Beltway, responded to this review, July 11, 2013
Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests.

Best regards,

Helen Hayes
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Hotel staff was great; really nice... except for one shuttle driver in the evening who neither spoke nor opened any doors for us, also flipped another driver off.

But everyone else was soooooo nice!
Room was great except for shower curtain which slips to middle, leaving water on the floor on both sides.
Breakfast was great and coffee was good (which I really appreciate).
Really hard to find first time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank jennifer w
Poncedar J, Manager at BEST WESTERN Capital Beltway, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
To our valued guest:

Thank you so very much for your kind words and compliments; and thank you for taking the time to complete the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 301-459-1000 .

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

Pros: Great location, room is clean, breakfast is good, smoke free
Cons: poor wireless signal, pool has a strong smell of bleach.
Overall will come again. There are restaurants nearby such as Goodies or Red Lobster.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
To our valued guest:

Norfolk, Virginia, Usa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

I am going to this hotel with my familly and couple , normally 2 bedroom beside and communicate , but when the office give me my key , the bedroom was already busy !
I asked the front office , he's sympathic but he change the bedroom (not very clean ,and bathroom used not possible to take a bath) , we are 6 bedroom between friends and familly but the same floor.
After 3hours, a woman enter in my bedroom with her owner key, and said sorry, it's mine .We return to the office , this is a big mistake again , wifi highspeed not working, and after we meet one group very noisy and another who decided to deplace his chair between two bedroom at midnight....
Very bad moment...

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank TravelEMMC
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

It saddens me to know that you were unhappy during your stay here and I'm so sorry that your check-in experience was unpleasant. Please be assure that we are improving these issues as we speak.

Elizabethton, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We discovered this hotel by accident through one of the travel booking companies and a special 'stay 3 days and save' type of deal, so since the plan was 7 nights it worked out nicely. I too read the review about the noise from the nightclub; however, we did join in so it wasn't a problem and they offered a free trip to the appetizer bar with a purchase of a drink. We had a room on one of the upper floors and noise wasn't a factor plus the lounge is only open on the weekend. The beds were comfy, room exceptionally clean and staff was very nice and helpful with so many things. The only drawback was getting the shuttle to the metro as they seem understaffed; but tried to accommodate everyone especially those who were later than being on the hour, which put us off schedule on more than one occasion-- but we adapted. The breakfasts were extraordinary and varied each morning including a machine that makes pancakes which I never experienced at any other hotels that usually feature making waffles. It was so cool to watch it work and fluffy pancakes each time. Rene the chef was great and talented to have this amount of real scrambled eggs, potatoes and breakfast meat in addition to all the regular continental breakfast fare & restaurant quality coffee ready so early that tasted delicious each time in addition to being our shuttle driver when needed. Of all the employees we met, didn't encounter anyone without a smile or a team effort type attitude in pleasing guests which sometimes is rare to find in the hotel industry. We were here partly for pleasure/sightseeing in DC but the last 3 days of our 7 day stay was strictly business in DC and although we didn't bring laptops using the business center was essential to be updated and print a page vital to changes for our meetings. Would definitely stay again and recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors are preferred especially if staying on the weekend and noise to go to sleep may be a f...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars
Poncedar J, Manager at BEST WESTERN Capital Beltway, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
To our guest:

I want to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to provide feedback about your experience at the Best Western Capital Beltway, Lanham, MD. We are happy that you had a pleasant stay. We are also delighted to hear of the efforts extended by Rene. Please be assured that the appropriate management will be informed of your comments for quality recognition.

You are a valued guest and we appreciate your business. Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to accommodating you in the future! Should you ever need assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

Assistant General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lanham
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
Days Inn Lanham Washington D.C
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Courtyard New Carrollton Landover
Staybridge Suites Washington D.C. - Greenbelt
BEST WESTERN PLUS College Park Hotel

Been to BEST WESTERN Capital Beltway? Share your experiences!