“noise and not respect the booking”

Best Western Capital Beltway
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Lanham
Reviewed June 13, 2013

I am going to this hotel with my familly and couple , normally 2 bedroom beside and communicate , but when the office give me my key , the bedroom was already busy !
I asked the front office , he's sympathic but he change the bedroom (not very clean ,and bathroom used not possible to take a bath) , we are 6 bedroom between friends and familly but the same floor.
After 3hours, a woman enter in my bedroom with her owner key, and said sorry, it's mine .We return to the office , this is a big mistake again , wifi highspeed not working, and after we meet one group very noisy and another who decided to deplace his chair between two bedroom at midnight....
Very bad moment...

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank TravelEMMC
Poncedar J, Manager at Best Western Capital Beltway, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

It saddens me to know that you were unhappy during your stay here and I'm so sorry that your check-in experience was unpleasant. Please be assure that we are improving these issues as we speak.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 301-459-1000 .

There are newer reviews for Best Western Capital Beltway

Reviewed June 8, 2013

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Poncedar J, Manager at Best Western Capital Beltway, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We discovered this hotel by accident through one of the travel booking companies and a special 'stay 3 days and save' type of deal, so since the plan was 7 nights it worked out nicely. I too read the review about the noise from the nightclub; however, we did join in so it wasn't a problem and they offered a free trip to the appetizer bar with a purchase of a drink. We had a room on one of the upper floors and noise wasn't a factor plus the lounge is only open on the weekend. The beds were comfy, room exceptionally clean and staff was very nice and helpful with so many things. The only drawback was getting the shuttle to the metro as they seem understaffed; but tried to accommodate everyone especially those who were later than being on the hour, which put us off schedule on more than one occasion-- but we adapted. The breakfasts were extraordinary and varied each morning including a machine that makes pancakes which I never experienced at any other hotels that usually feature making waffles. It was so cool to watch it work and fluffy pancakes each time. Rene the chef was great and talented to have this amount of real scrambled eggs, potatoes and breakfast meat in addition to all the regular continental breakfast fare & restaurant quality coffee ready so early that tasted delicious each time in addition to being our shuttle driver when needed. Of all the employees we met, didn't encounter anyone without a smile or a team effort type attitude in pleasing guests which sometimes is rare to find in the hotel industry. We were here partly for pleasure/sightseeing in DC but the last 3 days of our 7 day stay was strictly business in DC and although we didn't bring laptops using the business center was essential to be updated and print a page vital to changes for our meetings. Would definitely stay again and recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Higher floors are preferred especially if staying on the weekend and noise to go to sleep may be a f...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Poncedar J, Manager at Best Western Capital Beltway, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

To our guest:

I want to thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to provide feedback about your experience at the Best Western Capital Beltway, Lanham, MD. We are happy that you had a pleasant stay. We are also delighted to hear of the efforts extended by Rene. Please be assured that the appropriate management will be informed of your comments for quality recognition.

You are a valued guest and we appreciate your business. Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to accommodating you in the future! Should you ever need assistance please feel free to contact me directly.

Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I decided to catch a Phillies game at Nationals Park and explore DC for our one year wedding anniversary and everything was going well until we returned to the hotel after the game on Saturday evening. We came back around midnight and there was a party in the ballroom directly below our room. No big deal, we figured that around 1:00am the party and noise would subside, however, 2:00am rolls around and the party is still going strong and literally rattling everything in our room including us. We called down to the front desk and apparently the party was going until 3:00am. Not my idea of a "restful night". We mentioned it in the morning to the front desk and we were reassured that we would be contacted by management sometime during the day on Sunday to resolve the issue, but that didn't happen. Then I got a bad case of déjà vu on Sunday evening when it happened ALL OVER AGAIN. A little heads up would have been nice, and they should have offered to move us after the first night, but obviously my rest was not their concern. Never. Again!

• Stayed: May 2013

To our guest:

Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of the difficulties you encountered at the Best Western Capital Beltway Lanham, MD.Our company’s number one goal is excellent guest service. I am sorry we failed to provide that to you.

No words can validate a negative experience. Please be assured of our continued commitment to deliver the quality service you expect and deserve. You are a valued guest and we appreciate your business. Again, I offer my apologies and hope you will allow us a “second chance” to exceed your expectations.

Poncedar Johnson (Ceda)

Reviewed May 2, 2013

My daughter and I were picking up horses in the area and needed a place to stay for the night. We found this one listed on the Best Western website. The price looked good for the area so we decided to give it a try. This is a prime example of how Best Western is so erratic in keeping their properties well maintained. After setting into the room I decided to take a shower and was surprised that the faucets in the bath tub wre litterally falling off the wall. It made my shower difficult to say the least. After playing with the faucets for a few minutes, I was able to get some water out of the shower head. I also found that the power outlet on the desk was not working and the beds were noisy. This hotel needs some serious updating of their rooms before I would stay there again. They did offer us a 15% discount for our troubles, but if the property was maintained properly they would not have to apologize and give away their profits. Sad.

Room Tip: rooms are dated and in need of upgrade
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Poncedar J, Manager at Best Western Capital Beltway, responded to this reviewResponded May 15, 2013

To our Valued guest:

I would like to start off by thanking you for taking the time to make us aware of the problems you encountered at our Best Western Capital Beltway, Lanham MD.

I apologize that you had a less than pleasant experience. We value each of our guest’s comments and concerns. Without them, we would not be able to improve the services that we provide to our guests.First of all, I would like to sincerely apologize to you for not meeting your expectations. We are working diligently to make the necessary corrections to our rooms. I hope that if your in the area again that you will give us a second chance.

Assistant General Manaegr

Reviewed April 16, 2013

This hotel was very nice. The hotel was clean and the staff was very friendly. The continental breakfast was excellent as well. The one bad thing was that our Air Conditioner was broken and it wasn't fixed all day until I had to go back downstairs and tell the front desk a second time. But then they immediately came in and replaced the air conditioner.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
Poncedar J, Manager at Best Western Capital Beltway, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write this review regarding your recent stay at our property. I'm sorry to hear about your AC Unit not working. I would also like to extend my apologies for not taking care of that immediately. We take great pleasure in assuring the satisfaction of all our guest. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. We hope you will come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were very pleased with staff, especially evening staff (Glenn @front desk,April 6), he was polite,helpful and thorough will all our concerns. The AM staff (Sunday Apri 7) also were helpful with our day plans to DC.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Poncedar J, Manager at Best Western Capital Beltway, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write this review regarding your recent stay at our property. I will make sure that Glenn and Natisha know how happy you were with the service they provide you. We take great pleasure in assuring the satisfaction of all our guest.

Assistant General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lanham
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
Days Inn Lanham Washington D.C
Courtyard New Carrollton Landover
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway
Staybridge Suites Washington D.C. - Greenbelt

Been to Best Western Capital Beltway? Share your experiences!