“Depends”

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lanham
middle Tennessee
“Depends”
Reviewed May 18, 2012

I'm unsure of how to rate this hotel. There were just as many cons as pros. The first pro- it was close to the METRO station. It is easily within walking distance, but there aren't many sidewalks so be careful. The guy who worked the night shift was super friendly and helpful. The day shift workers were rude and not helpful at all though. There is a restaurant on site, but it's run down and looks dirty. However, we did go in there and place a "to go" order and the food was decent. As for the actual room- I loved the bathroom. The showers had the curved rods allowing much more room. There is no vent in the room though so you have to leave the door open if you're going to need to use the mirror in there after your shower. Also, the beds were terrible!! We had double beds. One of them was squeaky; everytime you rolled over it squeaked. You could feel the springs poking up in the other bed. Finally, the hotel offers free wi-fi, but it's spotty at best. Definitely do not book here if you are going to need the wi fi for your laptop or phone.

Room Tip: Do not travel in May. There are many school groups taking field trips at this time, and they run up...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Biology_Major

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Los Osos, California
Reviewed April 29, 2012

This met our expectations for a basic 2-3 star chain hotel. Parking was easy, the front desk (enclosed in a glass barrier) was efficient, and the room clean and comfortable. Considering that our room faced the busy Annapolis Rd., the room was surprisingly quiet. The rooms could use a power bar so you wouldn't have to crawl on the floor to charge your phone. The attached restaurant was basic, and served beer but not hard liquor.

Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
San Jose, California
Reviewed January 10, 2012

She is a horrible manager! I was missed charged on my credit card and she refused to help me. I had reservations for my associates to stay at the hotel she manages. My associates plans changed, I called the hotel and spoke to an employee who said she would cancel the reservation for me and assured me that there would be no charge. A month later there was a charge on my credit card. I could not get a hold of Sara Patel for 3 months when I finally did get a hold of her she said that she would not help me because they are not allowed to process cancelations. First it is the managers duty to let an employee, who has been working there for years, know if they can or cannot process cancelations. She clams to be the owner for this property and would not give me any information on who she works for. This is by one of the worst managers I have every encountered! DO NOT STAY HERE IF THERE IS ANY CHANCE YOUR TRIP MAYBE CANCELED!!!!

Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
5 Thank funtraveler20
Wallingford, Connecticut
Reviewed October 29, 2011

Clean, quiet and comfortable. No Breakfast served. Short drive to metro stop. Close to shopping and restaurants. Good basic accomodations. Would stay therre again. Railroad tracks behind hotel, so be advised if noise you don't like background.

Room Tip: Choose room on opposite side from railroad tracks
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank davesep203
Laurel, Maryland
Reviewed August 31, 2011

They wanted two forms of ID (who does that anymore?). When I presented my work ID, the woman was going to photocopy it--which they're not allowed to do (may be illegal depending on where you work).
She asked if I was paying in cash, and gave me an invoice for one night--which meant that they never even saw the reservation I made online--for three nights, with a credit card.

Then the clincher: I was sitting in the room watching tv, and someone actually tried to get into the room (using a key card). By the time I got to the door there was nobody there, but by then I had decided this was enough.

My recommendation is that you book somewhere else. Anywhere else.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Flora S
Warsaw
Reviewed July 29, 2011

We spent here 3 nights. Good location just 3 km to nearest metro station with parking "park and ride". Close to supermarket.

• Stayed July 2011
Scotland, PA
Reviewed September 3, 2010

Rooms were clean and bathroom was updated with new ammenities. Unfortunately, their website advertises microwaves and mini-fridges in each room. We had neither. We had a total of 8 rooms for adult softball teams so we didn't spend much time in the hotel but I would stay again.

• Stayed August 2010
1 Thank brwenger
lanhamdaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Lanham Washington D.C, responded to this review, April 27, 2011
Thank you for your comments! We appreciate your stay with us and look forward to seeing you soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lanham
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
Best Western Capital Beltway
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Courtyard New Carrollton Landover
Staybridge Suites Washington D.C. - Greenbelt
Extended Stay America - Washington, DC - Landover

Been to Days Inn Lanham Washington D.C? Share your experiences!