“Not a secure place to stay”

Days Inn Lanham Washington D.C
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Lanham
Reviewed August 31, 2011

They wanted two forms of ID (who does that anymore?). When I presented my work ID, the woman was going to photocopy it--which they're not allowed to do (may be illegal depending on where you work).
She asked if I was paying in cash, and gave me an invoice for one night--which meant that they never even saw the reservation I made online--for three nights, with a credit card.

Then the clincher: I was sitting in the room watching tv, and someone actually tried to get into the room (using a key card). By the time I got to the door there was nobody there, but by then I had decided this was enough.

My recommendation is that you book somewhere else. Anywhere else.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank Flora S

Reviewed July 29, 2011

We spent here 3 nights. Good location just 3 km to nearest metro station with parking "park and ride". Close to supermarket.

• Stayed: July 2011
Reviewed September 3, 2010

Rooms were clean and bathroom was updated with new ammenities. Unfortunately, their website advertises microwaves and mini-fridges in each room. We had neither. We had a total of 8 rooms for adult softball teams so we didn't spend much time in the hotel but I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank brwenger
lanhamdaysinn, Manager at Days Inn Lanham Washington D.C, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2011

Thank you for your comments! We appreciate your stay with us and look forward to seeing you soon!

Reviewed July 26, 2010

We had a major storm that devastated the city of Milwaukee (July 22, 2010) our basements flooded, sink holes, human life was lost, streets flooded, basement walls washed away by the rushing waters, even the airport was closed. I contacted the hotel to cancel my reservation for the two nights I was going to spent in Lanham and this fine hotel refused to refund my monies. I wish them well

Horace Kirby

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank horacefrommilwaukee
Reviewed June 24, 2010

I called day inn 1800 number and they reserved a room for me. When I came to the hotel, it was easy to find and I got a park right in front of the building. I went in and was dealt with right away, because i had just done the reservation, he said it wasn't showing up in the system, but he processed me anyways and gave me my key. I did all of that in 5 mins. I was tired so i brought my things inside from the car, the room smelt good, a huge bed with several pillows all smelling good. Bathroom and room looked newly refurbished. The room was spacious, i had a clean remote , flat screen tv, microwave,
fridge etc.

Bathroom and shower area was very new and clean....with alot of clean towels that was soft!

I am very pleased at the cost of $84 dollars including tax, this was a ripoff.....that I enjoyed....I didnt even have to spray the bed with febreeze!!!!

I implore you to stay here....for a couple of days...cause i didnt want to leave...i felt at home.

Con: no complimentary breakfast

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 17, 2009

My partner & I arrived at the hotel prior to check-in and were warmly greeted by a front desk clerk named Jennifer, who let us know if we could wait 30 min. she would check us in and we would not incur the early check-in fee. Promptly at noon Jennifer called us over and checked us in.

We arrived back at the hotel after 10 p.m. and found the area to be quiet. Not menacing or unsafe. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom nicely decorated.

I must say that I was leery of staying at this hotel based upon the reviews I had read. I am glad I made the reservation. For the price I was quite satisfied. If you are looking for a hotel close to DC in addition to being reasonably priced, consider the Days Inn in Lanham MD.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 21, 2008

Don't do it , my family got bit by bed bugs enough said........

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank driftman75
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lanham
Metro Points Hotel - Washington North
Best Western Capital Beltway
Holiday Inn Washington DC / Greenbelt
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway
Staybridge Suites Washington D.C. - Greenbelt
Courtyard New Carrollton Landover

Been to Days Inn Lanham Washington D.C? Share your experiences!