“The food is good but the attitude is terrible Go to Negril instead” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Muffin Man Caribbean Express

Muffin Man Caribbean Express
Ranked #25 of 51 Restaurants in Lanham
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Sandy Spring, Maryland
“The food is good but the attitude is terrible Go to Negril instead”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

If you are willing to put up with the attitude of the staff, the food is good. We had curry chicken, rice and peas and jerk chicken. They were not too spicy just right. The wait for the food was long but not longer than other similar places like Negril. However I like Negril much better. No attitude there.

Visited July 2012

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Nice Surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2012

I went to Muffin Man with a co-worker today and was pleasantly surprised by the tastiness of everything I had to eat. Looking at the menu, I did realize that the prices were a bit high, but I understood why the prices were high once I received my food (there was tons of it)! I could not finish my food, even though I truly wanted to. The sorrel was amazing! I will definitely return for more good eating!

• Visited August 2012
Waldorf, Maryland
“This place is pretty good...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

I have to say that I really enjoy this place. The food is always on point and the establishment is pretty clean. The only qualm I have about this place is that it is a bit pricey for essentially a take-out spot. Some could say it's warranted but at these prices I think this place should be a full fledged restaurant with servers... Again, don't get me wrong, the food is good. The price just gives me a little heartburn sometimes especially when buying for multiple people. It's definitely worth checking out. Oh, the carrot cake muffins are amazing but again at 3.99 per muffin, it gives a cause for pause :-)

• Visited July 2012
Landover, Maryland
“MORE THAN JUST MUFFINS!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

The food is EXCELLENT!, the muffins are beyond YUMMY! the Ziggy wings are a sure hit. Meals aren't skimpy at all! but the service was not friendly. Restaurant is very clean and quaint. Great place to drop in for some good eats FAST. A little pricey but worth the $

• Visited April 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Yum Oxtails and Jerk Chicken”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

I was really happy to be referred to this restaurant. I was hungry that day and really didn't have a taste for any particular food. However, I wanted to eat good! So when I went into the restaurant I quickly perused the menu and I started salivating when I saw the Oxtail/Jerk chicken combo! Yummmy! It came with white rice, beans and cabbage. So delicious! The decor is very caribbean the colors are orange and a lime green with nice foilage. They play a lot of Island music. I really enjoyed this dining experience.

• Visited April 2012