“MORE THAN JUST MUFFINS!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Landover, Maryland
“MORE THAN JUST MUFFINS!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 10, 2012

The food is EXCELLENT!, the muffins are beyond YUMMY! the Ziggy wings are a sure hit. Meals aren't skimpy at all! but the service was not friendly. Restaurant is very clean and quaint. Great place to drop in for some good eats FAST. A little pricey but worth the $

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Silver Spring, Maryland
“Yum Oxtails and Jerk Chicken”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

I was really happy to be referred to this restaurant. I was hungry that day and really didn't have a taste for any particular food. However, I wanted to eat good! So when I went into the restaurant I quickly perused the menu and I started salivating when I saw the Oxtail/Jerk chicken combo! Yummmy! It came with white rice, beans and cabbage. So delicious! The decor is very caribbean the colors are orange and a lime green with nice foilage. They play a lot of Island music. I really enjoyed this dining experience.

• Visited April 2012
Washington DC
“Muffin Magic”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2012

If you love muffins, get here as fast as you can. There are a rainbow of flavors.

1 Thank lovetotravel06
Frederick
“No Service and a Poor Attitude”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

I stopped in here many years ago just to pick up a quick muffin. The place had just opened and business was good. I stood there for at least 15 minutes until my turn, when the bakery clerk disappeared without a word to the back. When she returned she disregarded me until I spoke up. I got my muffin with a surly attitude and with grudgingly accepting my money. One bad experience was enough! I hope that their customer service skills have improved since then.

Visited February 2011
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Great Food and Service!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2011

I was a little thrown by the name. When I think of muffins I think of breakfast not jerk chicken. I'm still not sure what the connection is, but the caribbean food is fantastic. The jerk chicken wings are meaty, tender, and spicy hot. The seafood is excellent. The cocoa bread is soft and buttery and will have you dipping it in the sauces. The serving portions are huge! I had two days worth of yummy, well-seasoned food. Although I didn't have one, the muffins are huge and tempting. Delicious looking flavors. The restaurant is very clean and the service is quick and professional. My only complaint is that it is a little on the dark side. Low lighting may provide ambience, but I couldn't see the menu. The menu also should be posted more prominently. I can't wait to return!

• Visited December 2011