“Extended Stay - Washington, DC - Landover”

Extended Stay America - Washington, DC - Landover
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Landover
Reviewed May 21, 2014

Excellent place to stay. Great Location & Staff. The rooms are very home-like and spacious. The hotel is located next the Boulevard @ Capital Centre which is a great place to dine, shop, and attend a movie via the AMC Theatre. There are also other shopping plazas which include major grocery stores.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank Rochelle B
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, DC - Landover, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.

Reviewed May 1, 2014

Im not a world traveler by any means but I have stayed at my fair share of hotels in my lifetime. I found out last minute I had to travel to this area so I didn't get to do my normal research in advance of places to spend the night. Also, on top of it being a last minute visit I had to bring my dogs which limited my choice of hotels. In addition, I stayed at an Extended Stay last year in Connecticut and didn't have a horrible experience. I called the hotel to see if they had any availability and the person was hard to understand. I called back again later on and got someone new to book my reservations. I arrived late to the hotel and was super exhausted and just wanted to sleep. However, the room had a toxic odor to it as if someone was doing drugs in it beforehand. It was so late at that point and I had little time to rest that I dealt with the situation. The next morning for breakfast if you can call it that was oatmeal, muffins, oranges, apples, granola bars, and hot drinks. Also, this hotel didn't have a hair dryer in the room which I didn't bring with me so I couldn't wash my hair. I was going to spend another night to just catch up on some sleep but I left instead. Also, I will note a few good things-bathroom looked pretty new and the check in was simple enough by a friendly staff member. However, besides that I would never stay at this hotel again if in the area especially because it was expensive compared to much nicer hotels I stayed at for cheaper prices.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
6  Thank baileypie79
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, DC - Landover, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the odors in your room. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. Please know, while we do not offer toiletry items in our rooms, we do have an amenity basket available at the front desk for guests to enjoy upon request.

If you would like to provide any additional comments, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, dcl@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed April 8, 2014

This was one of the best places I have stayed. the staff is friendly and knowlegable, the room was clean and comfortable. even though we were on the freeway side, it was quiet. The hotel is within walking distance of the metro and there was shopping nearby.

Room Tip: Get a third floor room. No one over head walking around.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank moondude46
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, DC - Landover, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2014

The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re happy to learn that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I spent 10+ weeks in this hotel due to water damage at my home. I found the staff to be supportive of my needs and empathetic to my cause. As a single senior with health challenges, I had some difficulty relaxing. With in the first week, I was sleeping like I was at home. The location is close to my home and employment. I was able to work everyday and check on my home.
The staff was extremely professional. The cleaning staff were exceptional and trusting. The staff went out of there way to make my stay pleasant.

Ms. Kitty D

Room Tip: I think all of the rooms are about the same
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank Kay D

The staff and I appreciate your kind remarks. We’re thrilled to learn that you enjoyed your time at our hotel and the service our staff provided. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to providing you with another comfortable stay in the future!

Reviewed November 9, 2013

the main thing is the personable staff and home like atmosphere. Mr. Bob, Ms. Mary, Mr. Henry, and Ms. Barbara really made the stay wonderful. the room was clean and efficient, the laundry room/snack area was always clean and they had great am coffee. i work nights, and there was never a noise problem during the day or even when i was off during the night. if i had something negative to stay about the hotel...it would be that Mr Bob, Mr. Henry and Ms. Barbara was not there at checkout time to say goodbye and thank you to them, but Ms. Mary said she would tell them. thanks for such a memorable stay!!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Michele B
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, DC - Landover, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Michele - I am very glad to here that you enjoyed your stay with us. We try to make every guest feel at home while they are at our hotel so I am glad to hear that our staff was able to do that for you, especially Bob, Mary, Henry and Barbara. As well, it is great to read that you enjoyed your clean room.

Thank you again for you kind words and please lets us know if there is anything that we can do for you.

Reviewed November 2, 2013 via mobile

I am greeted by Mary & Bob @ the hotel they are always Helpful during your stay. The rooms are large and everything working. There is plenty of parking as well as the staff members are also helpful. Raymond

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Raymond B R
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, DC - Landover, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Raymond - For taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We try to make every guest feel as if they are coming home. I will let Bob and Mary know your kind words for them.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I check in 9/27/2013 I really like the convenience of the grocery store only mile away from property metro station a few block from hotel a very quiet environment the stuff member are very polite and helpful especial Mary very nice lady always trying to help in anyway she can I haven't stayed somewhere so comfortable in a minute been here for a month going on my second month very great place to stay with children also have two kids that really like it here also if u near the area my advice is to come here stay I stayed at a lot of hotels in DMV none didn't an I mean didn't compare to this hotel great location great staff this is the place to go

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Tonyal L
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Washington, DC - Landover, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Tonya - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm thrilled that you and your children are enjoying your room and the service our staff has provided to you so far, especially Mary. As well, it is great to know that you like our hotel's location. I will be sure to share your kind comments with the entire team.

Thank you again for sharing your experience with us. We are glad you are still staying with us and look forward to you continuing to do so in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Landover
Hotel Largo
Hotel Largo
#3 of 3 in Upper Marlboro
Country Inn & Suites Washington DC East - Capitol Heights, MD.
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Largo/Washington DC
La Quinta Inn & Suites DC Metro Capitol Beltway
Holiday Inn Express Washington DC - BW Parkway
Holiday Inn Express I-95 Beltway-Largo

Been to Extended Stay America - Washington, DC - Landover? Share your experiences!