All reviews downtown dc business park redskins game fedex field average courtyard business area office park hotel is located free breakfast shuttle bus very nice stay watch tv the hotel staff special thanks check in was quick shuttle service front desk staff
Reviewed November 18, 2009

Very nice staff, close to the subway/metro station - staff will drive you over there if you call down to front desk. We walked to metro station a couple of times & had them take us a couple of times. Once we arrived back at metro we would call the front desk for a pick-up and the longest we waited for them to come was ten minutes. Hotel had a very nice indoor pool & had a lifeguard on duty as well. We traveled with two teenage daughters & they loved the pool! Hot tub was nice after long days of walking in downtown DC. The only nearby food was a Subway across the street from the hotel in a business building. But it's right by the highway so we drove to breakfast & dinner a couple of times and it was 5 or 10 minutes to a strip of restaurants - very easy drive to find restaurants, etc. It is about a 20 minute metro ride to get to the main part of DC - but for the cost savings compared to the hotels nearer to downtown it was definitely worth it! We would definitely stay again if in the area.

Date of stay: July 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed November 15, 2009

Stayed here in a King room for about 8 days. The rooms were well kept, clean and comfortable. The wireless internet access was quick and easy.

I didn't east breakfast here so I cannot say, but it was not cheap, though you could spend as much at say a local IHOP.

The bathroom was clean and comfortable, with good towels and always restocked with the small toiletries.

My only problem was that these rooms do not have a microwave. I called in advance to have one made available (as it says you can), but when I arrived, there was not to have. I was told I would have one placed in my room when it was available, but it didn't happen until I called the front desk a few days later.

But, I would recommend this place as a reasonable priced, clean and comfortable place with a friendly staff.

Date of stay: October 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed November 6, 2009

Excellent hotel with friendly and very helpfull staff . Located close to Metro Station for tripping into DC. Security is good. Can't say a bad thing about this hotel. A good base for sightseeing in DC.

Date of stay: November 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank FDNYCAPT
Reviewed July 10, 2009

This hotel is very easy to get to by car. Just follow the "New Carrollton Station" exit signs on I-95 or US 50 and then turn onto Corporate Drive. The free parking combined with the proximity of the Metro station were the main reasons why l selected this hotel for my visit to DC.

Check in was efficient. Check out was fast too, to the point that I suppose I could've just left the keys in the room, but I saw nothing to indicate as such. The invoice was slipped under my door during the final night of my stay. I think my total interaction with the staff here was about two minutes for my entire stay, and that was fine with me.

The room was very clean. The bed was soft; I prefer a firmer one but I think I'm maybe in the minority here. Pillows were plentiful but not very supportive of my big head. They deformed into a useless wedge shape too easily. Wired internet access is available for free, but bring your own ethernet cable. They supply one in the closet but it's only a couple of feet long. I did a couple of speed tests and maxed out at about 300kbps download and 300kbps upload. It is sufficient for light web browsing and email.

The place was generally pretty quiet. I could hear guests in the hall and in the parking lot, but never heard any people or TVs in rooms beside me. There were rare instances of train whistles, helicopters, and highway noise (e.g. truck engine brake or loud tires) sometimes audible in the room. The fridge had a "snooze" mode in it which shut off the compressor for eight hours at the press of a button. This is a great idea, though the cabinet that the fridge was in deadened much of the noise already.

The TV is of the CRT variety and it had a decent selection of channels, though I thought its volume control had too big of a gap between notches, especially 0 and 1 (too loud). The desk and table didn't seem well suited to the chair that was provided. I'm over 6' tall but I could not get the chair up high enough to make using the desk or table comfortable with a laptop.

I make a habit of leaving the "do not disturb" sign on my door since I do not need service during a stay that is less than a week. This prompted housekeeping to leave a bag of clean towels and toiletries hanging on my door for a couple of days. A nice gesture, but not needed. I heard housekeeping knocking on doors as early as 8 am.

The attraction of this hotel is the short walk to the New Carrollton Metro Station. It is a mostly flat walk with sidewalks that are in good shape and crosswalks with signals. If you're visiting DC then you'll be walking a lot anyway, so just plan on that ten minute walk to and from the Metro. They will operate the hotel shuttle van to the station, but it's not going to be much faster than walking.

The ride on the Orange Line train from New Carrollton to Federal Triangle station in DC is about a half hour. I specifically made a point to avoid Metro during rush hour (left after 9 and returned after 6) and never had a hard time finding a seat.

There is nothing in the immediate area but some low rise office buildings, the Metro station, and a Subway restaurant in one of the office buildings across the street. The Subway doesn't appear to be terribly inviting from its location in the office building, but it is open to the public. The neighborhood is walled in on the east and south by highways and by train tracks on the north and west. If you don't have a car on your trip then this hotel might not be a good choice for you. Annapolis Road is close by which has a bunch of fast food restaurants, gas stations, a supermarket, and a CVS. Take US Route 50 east off of Garden City Dr, take the immediate exit onto MD 410, then take the second right onto MD 450/Annapolis Rd.

If you are driving down to the DC area (or perhaps flying into Baltimore Airport and renting a car) and want a place to spend a few nights with close access to the Metro without being gouged on parking fees, this is an excellent location to consider.

Date of stay: July 2009
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
2  Thank Jonathan L
Reviewed June 18, 2009

We stayed in this Courtyard by Marriott in June 2009 - purpose was vacationing to tour Washington DC- This hotel had several plusses:
1. Close to metro station (New Carrollton) - healthy people can walk it- maybe 10 minutes) or hotel provides free shuttle service - also appreciated!
2. Rooms were excellent- bedding super comfortable! Clean and always neat each day when we returned- no complaints here.. amenities fine- linens, coffeemaker, hair dryer, iron and board- etc. all great! Also free papers -USA TODAY & Wall ST. Journal daily.
3. Staff very pleasant and helpful- all good so far... now for the areas needing improvement! - Dining room was the big disappointment- terribly understaffed- We ate dinner there 2 nights due to bad weather and not willing to metro back in to DC- in a dining room seeting right at 50 people- ONE SERVER on duty to cover the whole room! I felt very sorry for this woman- she did the very best she could given the circumstances- i hold the management responsible for the slow service- and the breakfast buffet could have been better- the food was good - just not hot! and we did not arrive at the very end of the breakfast time either!
4. SUGGESTION- increase the size and choices of food/other pharmacy items of the "Market shop" given that there is nothing close to this hotel- no grocery, restaraunt or pharmacy in close walking distance. It is right in the middle of many office buildings-

Date of stay: June 2009